Monday, August 4, 2014

Follow in His steps...

ODBD stamps: Walk With Jesus, Footprints in the Sand, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!

I have a card to sahre with you made with the Aug. ODBD release, Walk with Jesus.  I also used a past release, Footprints in the Sand (to create my background).   I had this idea in my head, and believe me, this did not come out the way I was seeing it! 

 I wanted the background to be the footprints in the Sand image, and I wanted to use the Flip Flop Dies to cut out my sentiments, and then "hang" them on a wood panel, or perhaps a gate or such.  I stamped the image with Rich Cocoa ink, and then  I lightly colored the Footprints in the Sand image with Derwent Inktense Pencils and a Blender Pen.   I stamped the two sentiments from the Walk with Jesus set and cut them with the custom Flip Flop dies, and then decided to lightly stamp the Jesus fish flip flop pattern in Versamark and lightly rub pastel chalks over it for an ever so light pattern.  You certainly could just use the dies to cut your sentiment, but I found myself wanting a little pattern on the flip flops.

I love the message in this Walk with Jesus set!  I see this  as being awesome for teens but great for "kids" of all ages! 

Have a wonderful week!


7 comments:

Sherry said...

that is sooooo cool!! love it!!

Pamela Haskin said...

Grace, this is a lovely card! I didn't realize the flip-flops were that big. I like them much better now. Love how you inked the edges of them and the panels on your card. Sometimes I forget about inking the edges. Thanks for a great reminder. God bless you.

SarahGeorge said...

Amazing card Grace. Beautiful words and beautiful design. You are sooo creative! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Grace and I too am loving that set of stamps. How often I start with an idea in mind and the resulting card is NOT what I had envisaged.... I know what you are saying.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

I just love how you combine ODB stamp sets, they come out fabulous.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Love the background and all the wonderful details! Great design with the sets! Hugs!

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent Grace. Love your sentiment and the card. - Jim