Friday, August 29, 2014

Side Step Card and Sneak Peek!

ODBD stamps:  Quilts, Sewing, Birthday Doily, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you've had a great week!  I can't believe Aug. is almost over, but it's that time of the month when the Breadsticks are excited to share a sneak peek with you at some new products to be released Sept. 1 at Our Daily Bread Designs!  This month is going to be "sew" much fun!!!  

Today I'm sharing a couple new sets:  Quilts, Sewing, and Birthday Doily.  I have also used a new die set called Doily.  The gorgeous papers are going to release Sept 1 as well, and are in a 6x6 pack called Soulful Stitches.  You will love the soft colors and beautiful images on this paper!  I do!!!

I created this side step with Blush Blossom card stock, layered on my designer paper, colored and cut the quilt and die cut the doily after stamping it with Blushing Bride ink.  The sentiment is from the Sewing set and is stamped with black, and the stitched frame is stamped with blushing bride.  I then embossed two sides with a Sizzix thin strip embossing folder of zig zag stithces.  The little buttons are another of the cute images in the Quilt set and it's one of my favorite parts of the set!  I just love it!  I matted it on the third largest part of the doily dies.  I also used Beautiful Borders from a previous release.  I wove cream colored sheer ribbon through the holes and added some pearls and ribbon trim.  I used the very tiny center of the doily die to make a "button" and tied a yarn bow on it, and added it to my sentiment.

The sentiment on this card reminds me of the following verse:
2 Chronicles 15:7 (ESV)
But you, take courage!  Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.

I love that our hands can be busy not only doing all the work we need to do, but also creating pretty  things that will bless others as well!   

I really believe you will find this release a very special one!  Hope to see you back here on Monday!!!

Blessings,

13 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh Grace!! This is just beautiful!!! I love your step card and your images and so gorgeously colored in pretty pastels!! Love it my dear friend!!

Becky said...

Grace this is jaw-dropping gorgeous! Love the pink and all the little special touches you have added. I must try this side-step technique...I've been a little hesitant up to now but I think I can handle it, lol. Have a blessed week-end.

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW! Impressive to say the very least. I could take up 50 lines of comment space but lets just say a spectacular piece of art. Excellent Grace. - Jim

Pamela Haskin said...

Love your sneak peek! Your card is wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the whole release.

Mary Ann said...

Awesome csrd!!!Beautiful work!!!

Lenoria said...

This is gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful, Grace - love the colour and all the wee details - so looking forward to the release.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Very Pretty! It also reminded me to not grow weary in doing God's work, sometimes we get so busy with the day to day we forget what is really important!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my you did a beautiful job with your creation, love the soft colors, the embossed stitching on the sentiment is a neat touch, lovely coloring, great over all design of the card!
Hope all went well with your Doctors appointment, I will be praying, Hugs

Gretchen Wilson said...

Grace this is gorgeous and stunning, love every little detail you have put into this. Thanks for sharing

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is just stunning. Beautiful patch work :).

wannabcre8tive said...

Very beautiful, Grace. I love the side step.

SarahGeorge said...

Grace, This is awesome!! You so talented!! You make these cards at ease :)