Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Whole Earth is Full of His Glory Tri-Fold sneak peek


 Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying your day!

Today  am  giving you a sneak peek at fun stamps and dies  being released tomorrow at ODBD!    This is a tri-fold, and each layer has a circle cut out of it, making a window to the next layer.  The new stamps and dies from the November's release that I have used are,  Custom Circle Ornament Dies, going from largest to smallest and a sentiment from The Earth set.   I also used the brand new and available NOW  ODBD Christmas Paper Collection 2013 designer papers, as well as the ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies.


 I started with a 5.5 x 12" piece of Bazzill card stock, scoring at 4" and 8".  I folded each side toward the inside, trimmed off the corners of the top layer, and then started laying out my papers and decided where I wanted my circle window openings.  I chose several different papers from the Christmas Paper Collection 2013, and then cut using the ODBD Custom Circle Ornaments Dies.  The inside circle with the sentiment stamped on it is actually the cut away from layer two, cut again with the next smaller circle.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento ink.  I trimmed the card with a couple sprigs of greenery cut with the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage die set, and a pretty poinsettia from Hobby Lobby.  I added a photo turn to hold the card closed before adhering the dp on the back side so that the brad back does not show.

Here is a look at it after you open the first fold. 


Here it is open all the way.  The inside sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.


I am submitting this to Word Art Wednesday where it's always anything goes with a Scripture or encouraging sentiment, and a free digi is given.  I am also entering it in this week's Shining the Light Challenge which is to NOT use ribbon or lace.

I hope you'll be back tomorrow to see the full ODBD release!

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!  I love hearing from you!  

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love this fold!! Your combo of colors and papers is so rich!! Sheer elegance!!
hugs,
Chris

Marsha said...

WOW! This is not only jaw dropping beautiful, it is so unique. Just love the die cuts in the layers, not to mention the gorgeous papers and stamps.

ednamburgess said...

Really like this card. Beautiful!
Edna

Gretchen Wilson said...

Grace you have really did it this time, Girgeous,

Marjorie said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous.

Marjorie from TX

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, when I first saw this my jaw dropped too! You are amazing...and so clever and creative! It's gorgeous, and you can tell you are an engineer's wife! LOL! It's beautiful and such a delightful folded card and wonderful use of this fabulous new ODBD paper! Wow! I LOVE it, sweet friend! Big hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is spectacular!! Love the dimension and the the way you have varied the tri-fold.
Blessings
Maxine

lorrayneingram said...

Stunning

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Grace and great design. I love the color combination.

Debby said...

What a beautiful, encouraging, card. I look forward to signing on each morning to see what you will post for the day. Because it's always a spiritual sentiment, it helps the day start out right.
Thanks so much for sharing your cards!!

kathi17 said...

Wow! I love this Grace. As everyone else said, a beautiful take on the trifold, and such beautiful papers and embellishments!

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, Grace! It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

I have BLOG CANDY!
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this card! I may need to go order some ODBD goodies and wrap them up for my own Christmas present.

Conniecrafter said...

that is too cool, love that design of the card, the papers are so pretty, and lovely flower!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I know I ogled this on SCS, but I just had to drool some more on your blog! It's gorgeous and an amazing creation! How very precious and talented you are, sweet friend! Hugs, Cheryl

Saints Rule! said...

A fabulous project Grace! Love the beautiful poinsettia and the delightful papers you chose! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!