Thursday, October 3, 2013

What do you see when you see a candy cane?


Hello friends!  I hope your week is going well!  Mine seems to be FLYING as I have been working on a HUGE project this week and am FINALLY done with it!  Yay!  So now... on to something more fun!  I'm sharing this wonderful sentiment from the newly released Candy Cane set, at Our Daily Bread designs.  I also used an image from Jesus is the Reason and stamped it over and over to create my own background.  I cut the sentiment with SB Resplendent Rectangles and it's all on a base of Real Red.  Today's WT challenge on SCS was to "wrap it up" or in other words to use ribbon.  I actually used 2 ribbons... one is just a red and white grossgrain, and one a tiny 1/8" satin.  I really did wrap it up with this one though, as I took 2 little sugared candy cane ornaments and with my craft knife I grooved them out a bit so they would "fit" together, before I glued them that way.  I then wrapped my ribbon around them and tied them up.  The one thing that I did wrong was... in my "plan"  the candy cane with the crook at the bottom was supposed to be the other way around so it formed a J but somehow I managed to get them upside down here.  :(  Anyway... I do love this sentiment... I love that it takes something like the traditional candy cane and still weaves in the wonders of what Christ did for us when He came to earth as a baby, and died the most painful way a person can die... all because He loves us, and wants to reconcile us to Himself!  If that doesn't get you in a mood to rejoice... not sure what will!!!

Here is a close up of the ornaments:




Here are the sets I used:




I am entering this in the current ODBD Shining the Light Challenge... Anything Goes with ODBD Stamps!  I am also entering it in the Word Are Wednesday Challenge where it's always anything goes with a Scripture or encouraging sentiment!


Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

Blessings, 



6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace! This is so beautiful! The red and white is strikingly beautiful! And I love your die selection to really showcase these fabulous new sets! Hope you get some time to take a *sigh* and and revel at a wonderful project completed! And, yes, what a wonderful reminder of the price our Savior paid for US! Hugs, sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Grace, really love the poem written about the candy cane to reflect the Saviour, Jesus. He is the reason we celebrate the season. Blessings....your card is beautiful!!

Conniecrafter said...

So sweet, neat background and love your framing of the sentiment, cute idea with the ornaments!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I just love the red and white, the background you created and the sparkly candy canes!! Thanks for making another card to share with the challenge dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Stephanie said...

Grace, this is absolutely beautiful. I love the sentiment and the whole design of your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just gorgeous, Grace. Your cards always knock my socks off and, without fail, it has once again. Great job!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday