Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God's Glorious Canvas!


Hello friends!  I hope your week is going well!  Today I'm sharing another fall card made with this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs.  This is CAS for me but I really love how it came out and hope to do more like this (layout wise)!  I used the Leaves Background and my Kaleidacolor Autmn Leaves Ink pad to ink it up in these gorgeous autumn hues.  I matted that with Old Olive and adhered it to a white base which I embossed with a SB folder.  I then used my T Holtz markers to ink up this sentiment from the Autumn Blessings set and cut that with the ODBD Elegant Oval dies in two sizes.  I added three colors of bling from K&Co and that finished it!  I am surprised at myself, but I actually do like this one, so maybe I'm finally getting the idea on how to do CAS and still like it?  LOL!  Not saying I'm giving up my lace, ribbon, flowers, flourishes, etc. but I have challenged myself to try to make flatter cards that are more easily mailed, and this one fits that bill.

I am entering this in this week's Shining the Light Challenge, which is to use fall  leaves (stamps or dies)!I'm also entering it in this week's Word Art Wednesday, where it's always anything goes with a Scripture or encouraging sentiment!

I hope that you are enjoying this season of the year.  Here on the east coast of the US, our leaves are just beginning to change, and since we had so much rain this year, many are falling before really changing, but even so... the color is beginning to come and I don't think nearly as much of summer's wave goodbye as I do God's glorious paint brush!  What a Creative God we have!  I hope you see His glory in whatever season it is where you live!

Blessings,

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is gorgeous - love the pop of colour on the panel against the white of the rest of the card.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, just love all the colors in the leaves and pretty embossed background!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Grace!! I just love the multicolored stamping of the leaf background, the embossing and the clean design. Thanks for supporting the challenge again this week!!
hugs,
Chris

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the colors.

Clare Curcio said...

What a lovely fall card, Grace! I love it!

Hug, Clare

Sparkly Engineer said...

Really love how you inked up your leaves.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! I love the CAS but oh so lovely style! Just love the multi-colors you used along with the embossing. I just love it, and we're delighted and honored to have one of our Design Team members support our Shining the Light Challenge! Hugs, sweet friend!

Donna Mack said...

Grace, this is sooooooo BEAUTIFUL!! Even though it is simple, it is sooooooooo ELEGANT!!!I really love what you did with the sentiment!!!