Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Christmas is Love!

 

 Hello friends!  I hope your week is going just splendidly!

  I have a couple apron cards to share today.  These were made as class samples for the Christmas classes Kelley is offering.  For both of them, I used this month's Jesus is the Reason for my sentiment on the pocket in Real Red, and the Stitch Background.  For the top one,  I embossed the Stitched Background onto red with white embossing powder.  I added touches or lace and seam binding, and I matted the red with white.  I cut the apron with the ODBD Custom Apron and Tools Die set.  To create a mat from a die like this, all you do is trace the outside line of the die onto card stock and cut it out.  For this apron, all that really involves is cutting the two arm hole arches.  The top is lined up on an A2 top fold, just inside of the fold so the die won't cut it,  and the sides are lined up with your trimmer.  

For the card below, I left off the white matting and made the card itself the die cut size.  This makes the card a little smaller than A2 but nicely  fits in a standard A2 envelope.  I stamped the Stitch Background on real red with  white Craft and did not heat emboss it for this one.  As you can see the stitching still shows up well, but not as vividly as the embossed image does.  The lace on this one is pre-gathered lace from my local Fabric store, and the tools are from the Die set   I thought these would be cute at Christmas since we all do some extra baking at that time of the year. 


I am submitting these to this week's ODBD Shining the Light Challenge, which is to create your own background... no deisgner paper!  We'd love to have you play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'd love to know which one you like better!  

Blessings, 

12 comments:

Nancy said...

So cute. TFS

SarahGeorge said...

This is so cute and lovely Grace :).

Conniecrafter said...

they are both sweet and love the lace on both pockets, the embossed stitching really stands out

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is just the sweetest apron card! Every time I see one of these, I think I NEED this set! Haha! I just love how your sweetness comes out through our creations! Hugs, sweet friend!

Donna Whitten said...

Both cards are just fabulous! I've never really noticed this stamp and die set, got to check it out more closely.

ednamburgess said...

Very cute. A baker would love it, but then everyone else would too. Edna

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love this adorable apron Grace!! Your red and white combo with the swirly background and the candy cane sentiment on the pocket is beautiful!! Gorgeous creation as always my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

DJ Rants said...

Gorgeous!! What a creative and beautiful apron!!

kiwimeskreations said...

These are so sweet Grace - love the red and white combination, and it was great to see the difference between the embossed and non-embossed stitching.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Carson said...

Adorable cards! Very creative idea to use this set for Christmas! Love the lace!

Jan Marie said...

Looks like someone is ready for Christmas baking! :-) What a beautiful project from the sweet background to the lace trimmed pocket! Precious in every way! Blessings!

Jennipher said...

Well of course they are both fabulous but, I do love the first one the most. Very cute idea.