Friday, October 11, 2013

A Thankful Song of Praise!


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year! 

I have been busy working on other things here and also dealing with some dental issues and Dr. appointments, so today, when I had the opportunity to just play, I decided to try  something different.  I created my background by sponging various shades of Distress Inks on watercolor paper. Then I stamped the ODBD  Honeycomb Background with Copper Color Box Pigment ink just in spots along the edges.  Next I cut a mask for my Maple leaf stamp from Autumn Blessings, and started stamping while masking my leaves on the left side where my colors were basically yellow, orange and a touch of red and green. I used Archival ink for this step.  Next, I spritzed the bg with a little water and let dry.  While that was drying, I stamped my leaves from the Autumn Blessing set with Memento Ink on Cryogen White paper and colored them with Copics in various blends of colors.  I cut them all out with the Fall Leaves and Acorn Dies.  I stamped my sentiment from Thankful Song directly on my background and trimmed the panel to fit the Only Orange mat and the turquoise base.  I adhered the leaves after curling them a bit on my piercing tool, using Tombow Metal Glue on the spine of the leaves.  I added some twine and left it otherwise unadorned, as I wanted the stamped images to take center stage.

It's a different look for me, but I had fun playing with the background.  I had gotten a card from my insurance company that had this basic look to it, and it inspired me to give it a try.  

I am entering this in the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge to use fall  leaves.  There's still time to play along but you better hurry!  I am also entering it in this week's Word Art Wednesday Challenge, where it's anything goes with either their free Scripture digi, or any encouraging sentiment or Scripture. 

I love the sentiment in this set.  How often do we stop to really think about how our Lord takes care of us?  He is so good to us, and even when we are going through deep waters, we can rest in His promises, and place our complete trust in Him,  Our response to His goodness should be praise.  


I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
Ps. 63:4


Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

This is simply awesome! Grace, I love every detail that has gone into this beautiful card. Especially the masking of leaves. It has come out very well. Thanks for the uplifting verse too.

CherylQuilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Grace, with vibrant and glorious fall colors! Love how you've used the new leaves and dies and the fabulous mixed media background! So glad you joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! We always love seeing your beauties! Hugs, sweet friend! Cheryl

Bobbi Miller said...

Simply gorgeous, Grace! The colors are outstanding and I just love those leaves.... as beautiful as it can be!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Grace!! What a wonderful idea to use distress ink on watercolor paper. How fun is that. Beautiful and glorifying toward the Lord. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Grace,
This is outstanding. The distressed background is a perfect for fall leaves. OUTSTANDING!!!It's beautiful. We hope to see you again next week with more projects.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the blue with the fall leaves!! Stunning layering of leaves and framing!! Thanks for sharing it with the challenge this week!! I so appreciate your support!!
hugs,
Chris

Donna Mack said...

Stunning card! The layers and the coloring are just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Saints Rule! said...

Fabulous Grace! Love the rich leaves, colors... AMAZING... Beautiful project! Thanks for blessing us at Word Art Wednesday with your talents!