Wednesday, October 16, 2013

He Shall be Called...


 Hello my friends!  I hope you are all doing well!  I am in the midst of a super busy week, but I just had to share something new and fun with you!  ODBD is now carrying their own custom designer paper!!!  You can see it HERE.  It's a 6 x 6" pack with many different designs which coordinate with so many ODBD stamps!  Although this pack is called Christmas Paper Collection 2013, don't be misled... many of these papers can be used for any occasion!  I just got mine yesterday and had to start playing today!  :)

I used the sketch on SCS for this card.  I wanted to use this ODBD Prince of Peace Chalkboard and the He Shall be Called background stamp together, and so I stamped the He Shall be Called back ground on very vanilla with Bravo Burgandy ink, and trimmed to fit on the diagonal. I cut the corners using the smaller cross dies from the ODBD Decorative Corners dies and used the other end of the cuts to mat my diagonal panel. I stamped the Prince of Peace Chalkboard with Versafine black ink, colored just the word "Jesus" from the background again with my Bravo Burgandy marker, and cut that panel out in a circle with a punch. My base is Bravo Burgandy, and the gorgeous dp is from the BRAND NEW  ODBD  Christmas Paper Collection 2013!!! Oh I am so in love with this 6 x 6 paper! I trimmed my ribbon/sentiment panel with an ODBD Fancy Foliage die cut.

Just reading the names ascribed to Jesus is in itself an amazing study!  How amazing is our God!  Even the names given to Jesus in prophecy proclaimed who He is, and He fulfills them all!  I think though, as I think of His names... the one I love to utter the most is... Savior!  He is my Savior....I hope He is Yours!

Titus 2:13 ... looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,..."

Blessings,

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning my friend!! I just love the rich color, the chalkboard, and how you coordinated the background and sentiment with it!! Stunning design and details!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Really like the colors and the shading on the circle with Jesus' name. The shading makes it a real focal point on the card especially with the swirly leaves around it. And we know Jesus is what CHRISTmas is really all about!! I also like the corners you used with the cross - absolutely a beautiful card, two thumbs up.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Grace, and I was glad to see the dp is available through ODBD - it is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors. The background stamp is wonderful and I love how you have used it. Loved reading your post also. I am with you on the best name for Jesus - Savior . I am thankful he is my Savior.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is stunning Grace!! I just love the rich burgundy, your creative design with the sketch and the coordination of the names of Jesus with the chalkboard.
hugs,
Chris