Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sing for Joy!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful week!  

Today I had the pleasure of playing along with the SCS sketch challenge.  I love sketches!  I figure they save a lot of the time I usually spend trying to decide on a layout for my card!  

 I used some of the gorgeous papers from Our Daily Bread designs newly released Christmas Paper Collection 2013 for my vertical panels. I also used an older set Sing for Joy along with the custom Cardinal Die that cuts this image out, and the sentiment is from a set to be released Nov. 1 called Christmas Pattern Ornaments. I used a Darice embossing folder for my background, and a Cuttlebug ef to mat my bird.  I sponged all the layers with a combination of Distress Inks.  The image itself is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics, and cutting it out with the custom die is a joy!  So quick!!!  My card base is Always Artichoke.  The background is vanilla, heavily sponged for a warmer tone. 

That's it for me today!  I hope you are singing for joy in the Lord, and I hope you'll stop by on Nov. 1 to see all the goodies coming your way from Our Daily Bread designs!  Hope to see you then!

Blessings, 

7 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A beautiful card and the image is fabulous. The cardinal is so vibrant. Christine

Shirley said...

Grace, your card is gorgeous!! Love the Cardinal and the colors! That embossed BG is perfect the way you did it!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Gorgeous card and such beautiful vibrant coloring.. what a lovely festive card. xxx Ann Marie

SarahGeorge said...

My goodness! This is so sweet Grace. I too love sketches as they make our work a little easier to plan. I just love this card :).

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! I just love your take on the sketch, the shading over your embossing, your gorgeous cardinal and all the texture!!
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Grace...I love this one....encourages me to get mine out and put some ink on it!!
BEAUTIFUL Hun!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my can I just say that this is the most stunning Christmas card that I have seen yet this year, your layering of all the panels is just gorgeous, great sponging and coloring of your bird, the embossing folders work perfectly and love your little tab at the top, such a great touch!!!