Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Friends are Flowers in the Garden of Life!


 Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!

I'm popping in to share a real quick card I made with this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs!  I stamped the small Zinnia from the Zinnia Set twice, as well as the bees.  I cut the large zinnia, the bees and the leaves with the ODBD Custom Zinnia and Leaves Dies, then hand cut a smaller section of the second zinnia to pop up on dimentionals on the first.  I embossed the pretty designer paper, also just released and called Blooming Garden Paper Collection, with an MPress folder. I lightly sponged over the embossed pattern with Gumball Green in to make it pop a little.  I matted the designer paper with a layer of Summer Starfruit and put that on a base of Gumball Green, all from SU!.  I stamped the sentiment with Memento and cut with a Spellbinders die.  I then lightly stamped around the edges of the die cut with the new Honeycomb Mini.  I LOVE that little stamp!

I hope this reminds you that spring is getting very close now!!!  

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Crafting For All Season #72 (spring into Spring)


Thanks for stopping by!!!

Today's Blessing:
"If we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins."
1 John 1:9

9 comments:

Becky said...

Bring on Spring....this card sure looks like it is here and blooming! Beautiful as always, Grace!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love everything about this card Grace. Those little bees are a nice touch.

Blessings
Jim

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! So fresh and Spring-y! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

SarahGeorge said...

Beautiful spring themed card Grace. Like the sentiment :) sponging on the embossed portion projects the embossing very well. Have a great day :)

Becky said...

OH My, this is stunning! Gorgeous background and gorgeous coloring of this flower.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - so happy, cheerful and vibrant!! Love the way you have stamped the tag.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I just love the cheery color, the embossing, and your beautifully colored and layered Zinnia. Gorgeous as always my friend!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

I just love these vibrant colors, Grace, and your beautiful design...using the wonder new release items! Such a delight! And what a precious sentiment, my sweet friend! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Perfect Spring Card and Colours.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie