Tuesday, March 11, 2014

This Hug's For You!

Hello friends!  Popping in real quick to say hello, and to share another "just for fun" card with you!

I created this card to honor our SCS  Queen for the Day, Sandie, a few weeks ago.  I had loved her owl cards and had left her a comment about them, and  she had so kindly sent me some of these awesome punched pieces for this cute little SU! owl.  Since I have a couple young ladies in my life who love owls, this was for one of them. Anyway... I traced the "clothing" part from the card stock to some designer paper so I could dress my owl in something eye catching.  I gave her a little shadow, and perched her on a Spellbinders die from the Cherry Blossom Set.  I used designer paper from Echo Park "This and That" pad, and added the sweet sentiment from Great Impressions to keep it clean and simple.

I love the sentiment on this card... It could be used for Valentine's Day, but it could also be used when someone is just feeling down and they need a little encouragement... a paper hug from someone who loves them!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Grace, and I do love her fabulous outfit :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! With his little suit, he almost looks like he's wearing a tux. Love your work, Grace.

Jamie W.

Anonymous said...

Paula H -- Love this card Ms. Grace! Its too cute! Thanks for sharing. Will give this a try!

SarahGeorge said...

This is so cute dear Grace :)

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, love the expression you gave to the owl, cool papers and love him on that branch!

Irish Cherokee said...

This is truly a fun card Grace. Bright, cheery and fun.

Becky said...

This is fabulous Grace! I love the design paper you used.

Clare said...

What a very fun, cheery and colorful card! I love the owl!