Thursday, March 20, 2014

God of all Comfort!

Hello friends!  I'm so happy to see the sun today!!!  I hope it finds you well and praising God!  To give you a Scripture that will give you reason to praise Him,  I thought I'd share another sample I made this morning for a challenge over on SCS.  The challenge was to use buttons.  I have a ton of them but seldom think to use them, so this was fun for me!

The Scripture I used today is from the newly released ODBD Anniversary sets, and this one is in Scripture Collection 13.  I love the reminder that our God is a God of compassion, and the God of all comfort!!!

I created the soft floral background for my verse by stamping the floral image from the Mom set in VersaMark and then lightly sponging on pastel chalk over top.  The VersaMark grabs the color of the chalk and the rest brushes away.  I love this technique on sentiment panels when they look a little plain otherwise.  I cut the panel with Spellbinders labels 22 and matted with SB Decorative Labels 22.  I embossed the honeycomb panel with a Darice folder and the base is Baja Breeze with My Mind's Eye designer paper from the Meadow pack.  I added lace and 2 stacked buttons for embellishment.  It was very quick to create but I so love the message of this verse!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!  Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments!

Hugs,
 

I stamped the Scripture

6 comments:

Pamela Haskin said...

Grace, this is a beautiful card! And, I love that scripture. I'm new as of the recent ODBD blog hop and am really enjoying your blog.

Carla S. said...

This is really gorgeous, Grace! Wonderful scripture and a beautiful design! Hugs!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Love your creative design!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card with gorgeous colors! And you know how much I love this verse...such a precious one! Hugs, sweet and creative friend!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is fabulous - love how you have so beautifully stamped the background on the scripture panel - a wonderful way to use that technique.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Such an elegant and beautiful card! Lovely scripture:)