Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lilacs, Mercy and Rest!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps Sentiment Collectiion 2, Lilac, ODBD Blooming Garden Paper Colection, ODBD Hummingbird single stamp and ODBD die, desisnged by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!!!

I hope you are all well!  I have two more cards to share with you using the 6th Anniversary sets from Our Daily Bread designs.  For the card above, I used a sentiment from Sentiment Collection 3 and the Lilac Single. I also used some pretty designer paper from the Blooming Garden Paper Collection. I cut the sentiment out with the Recipe Card and Tags Die set, and I used a Spellbinders Curved Borders die for the edges and center panel.  I colored the lilacs with Copics and hand cut them.  I stamped the Hummingbird Single and colored it with Copics, and cut it with the Custom Hummingbird Die.  So quick and easy!  The embossing is a Cuttlebug folder and I used some purple seam binding, gold thread and purple bling.  

For my second card, I used Quote Collection 4, stamped with Memento ink, cut it out with a Spellbinders Label 28 and Decorative Label 28, and I matted that with this month's release, Daisy Chain Die.  I popped that up on dimensionals over some pretty designer paper from the  Blooming Garden Collection. My only embellishments are silver pearls and thin blue sheer ribbon.  



Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Quote Collection 4, ODBD Daisy Chain die, ODBD Blooming Garden Papern Collection, designed by Grace Nywening

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I really love hearing from you and knowing you were here!!!

I am entering this in this week's Shining the Light Challenge, as we continue to celebrate the 6th Anniversary of ODBD!  Let's see your favorites from ODBD!  I most appreciate more than anything else the Scriptures and God focused sentiments that ODBD produces, so I shared a couple of them.  We'd love to have you play along!

Today's Blessing:
Eph. 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; bearing with one another in love.

15 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, your cards are amazing! I am always in awe of the beauty of each one, and these are so elegant and rich! I love the first you (that you entered to support the SLC challenge) with the beautiful lilacs and sweet little hummer! Such a lovely design and shape with that luscious bow and wonderful sentiment! And your second Is beautifully blue (my fave color) with such rich texture and that wonderful quote from precious Corrie ten Boom! You shine God's light in each and every card He inspires you to make! Hugs, precious friend!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the texutre of your layers!

Pamela Haskin said...

Grace, these are lovely cards! I especially like the curved bottom edge of the first one. Really pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

What really stunning cards these are Grace - love them both, but the blue and white is my favourite of the two.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Your cards are so beautiful and inspiring.

Sherry Phipps said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love the first one! Amazing!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Two stellar cards Grace . The first card is just gorgeous and the coloring is perfect. The hummingbird is the icing on the card. The second card is special. The daisey chain lattice and blue patterned paper were meant for each other. Everything is perfectly match and balanced to perfection.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh My dear friend!! Stunning!! I love both of your creations. The first is gorgeous with the neat and creative shape and layout as well as the hummingbird and lilacs!! The second is layered to perfection and so elegant!! Love that quote!! Beautiful as always sweet friend!! Thanks for sharing and creating this sample for the challenge!! I so appreciate it!! HUGS!! TTYT!

Alshandra said...

Both of your cards are stunning Grace! I love the lilac one with the hummingbird - elegant and beautiful - love the shaped border too. And the other card is just as stunning! The daisy chain die looks gorgeous with the ODBD paper peeking through :-)Thanks so much for supporting this weeks ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

Conniecrafter said...

such a gorgeous design and love that background for your flowers and bird that are beautifully colored!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace!

I just love all of the beautiful purple and lilac on the first card. They don't grow in FL, much to my chagrin. I love your use of the beautifully hummingbird...it looks so real!

The second card is like a CAS card with a lot of bling...and an important message. Beautiful!

His,
Traci Starkweather

http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

My favorite color; this is truly a beautiful card :-)

SarahGeorge said...

What a gorgeous card, Grace. Lovely!! Simple embellishments but gorgeous look! :)

JD/ Jill said...

Both are so pretty!

Kelley said...

Love this, Grace! Outstanding!!!