Thursday, March 13, 2014

With Heartfelt Sympathy!


Hello friends!   I was asked to guest design for the Queen for the Day Challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week.  Our lovely queen this week is Kim  (berlycece), and you can find the card I cased HERE

 My image is SU! Pleasant Poppies, and I colored with Copics and cut out with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles. I added some white gel pen accents to the flowers for a little more pop. The base is So Saffron(SU!)   and I stamped the sentiment from SU! Simply Sketched on the base with Memento ink. The designer paper is BoBunny Serenade Collection... and I have to say I love this pack!   

 The border at the top that looks like loose leaf paper is Spellbinders On The Edge Borders, and the lower border is Spellbinders A2 Curved Border, which I cut once from the designer paper and once from black to create a mat.  I decorated the inside with the negative cutaway. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comments!  I am getting ready for some Grandma time tomorrow through Sunday!  Can't!!!

Today's Blessing:

James 5:16
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.


15 comments:

BJJS said...

Beautiful Grace. I love poppies and these are lovely!

Carla S. said...

Very beautiful sympathy card, Grace! Anyone would be comforted to receive it! Enjoy your Grandma time!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Grace - love the diecuts and the way you have used them,
Blessings
Maxine

Irish Cherokee said...

What a gorgeous sympathy card Grace. This card would help make anyone feel special when they need it most.

Becky said...

Grace, this is breathtaking...I love that dp and the colors are fabulous!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my this is just Beautiful, love your coloring and accenting with the white, the paper is just perfect with this, and love that border. Hope you enjoy that Grandma time this weekend :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! The vibrant colors are amazing, and I love your beautiful layout! Sensational!!

JoAnn said...

What a gorgeous card Grace. Love the beautiful design and luscious colors.

Becky said...

OH Grace, this is so stunning! Gorgeous coloring of these flowers and gorgeous design.

Clare said...

Hi, Grace! Wow! This card is so striking in the colors you've chosen, which go so well together! Absolutely gorgeous!

Wishing you and Alan well!

Clare

Merilee Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merilee Lane said...

Another lovely card, Grace! I love the poppies and I also love the color combination. Red and yellow are so pretty, and the black just sets it all off.

Thanks for sharing. I love to see your beautiful artwork! :o)

Merilee

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning card!

Linda Carson said...

Quite stunning! Love the rich colors and design!

SarahGeorge said...

Absolutely gracious! What a gifted person you are! Your cards are always wonderful!