Monday, September 21, 2009

Clearly praying for you

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to face a new week!

Today I have something really different for me and out of my comfort zone for sure, but I'm working on that! This card is made on Clear Acetate Card Stock. It is so pretty but very difficult to photograph! I must have taken 40 takes... each one either had a reflection of me or something else in the room... or a glare from the light, etc. I finally just picked one and went with it!

I used one of the great sentiments from the Our Daily Bread Designs newly released set, Get Well, and the images from both Get Well and Thinking of You. I stamped the sentiment on GPW with Steel Blue Ink from ODBD, and cut the panel with my Nestabilities Label #1. I stamped all the swirls with Stazon Cotton White and let dry. Meantime I cut two sizes of blue card stock from my scrap box, plus two white ones for the inside and outside of the back of the card. I also cut a piece of sheer steel blue ribbon (May Arts) to fit the Clean and Simple sketch challenge today on SCS.

To layer this up and hide the adhesive from the back side of each panel, I used mini glue dots and adhered the sentiment panel to a mat of blue and adhered to the front. Directly behind that I adhered another panel in another shade of blue, cut with the next larger label #1. This created a matting from the front view, and completely hid the adhesive from the inside of the card. For the back side and the inside right of the card I did the same thing but with two white panels of the larger size. Now I have room for writing a message and signing the card, and the adhesive is hidden from the back as well. There are little blue gem stones scattered among the doodles, and also I added some Stickles to the butterflies and some of the swirls.

It is a clean and simple layout... but stamping on Acetate is different. This is the first Acetate card I've made, and I had read that you have to stamp very carefully, because it can tend to be more slippery, so I did not have a problem with that. What I did have trouble with is static cling! Dust and glitter residue, etc just leaps off the table onto the card! I tried wiping with a dryer sheet. I'm not sure if that helped or not but I was able to wipe the dust off after that so I guess it did. I'm not sure I'd want to make one of these every day! LOL! But it was fun to try it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!
Photobucket

22 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace;
I have stopped by a few times but I have been so busy and tired I didn't leave a note. I do want you to know I do stop often and your cards are just beautiful.
can't wait to see your new card.
Hugs :o)
God Bless
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!!! I just love your acetate card!! Wow!! Gorgeous!!!

I am going crazy here. My Splitcoast gallery has only 50 photos in it. I am missing 229 photos in my gallery. Didn't you have that happen to you at one time.

I hope you are doing well my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Dell said...

Grace,
This card is so very elegant! Again you never cease to amaze me. I can only imagine it was difficult to photograph with the reflection coming back at you. Great job!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Grace. I made one of these one time and scratched the acetate with the dryer sheet. I have used the little bag you get for anti cling from SU. It is called the embossing buddy. That helped. Great colors.

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - it's really difficult to take a photo with clear cs....but you came out with a great take!!!

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Love how you stamped the flourished image!!! Hugs ~S~

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Wow, Grace! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Traci M said...

Grace, this stamp set is perfect for the acetate card you aced today! I've wanted to make one and haven't yet...so maybe someday soon. Love yours and it is always good to try something new!

Betty Wright said...

WOW GORGEOUS, Grace!!! Beautiful with the clear and touches of blue!!! Stunning card!!! Cleary...I love this look!!! Blessings!!!

Tanya said...

Oh Grace!!! Soo beautiful!!!! And very elegant...

Stephanie said...

Grace - your first acetate card...I don't believe it!! It's gorgeous! I've been really wanting to try one, but I swear my list of 'wants to do' is getting as long as my list of 'wants to get'....I don't know if one is cheaper than the other :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Grace

This is such a beautiful delicate card. Acetate is very hard to work with and you have done a great job.

Ali x

Gramrussell said...

This is gorgeous! I have never tried this but I may after seeing this beautiful card.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a stunning and elegant acetate card Grace!! Love it!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Grace, you've got me speechless and gasping for air ;D!!! This card is breathtaking!!! I ordered some of this clear cs, but have yet to use. Kind a out of my comfort zone as well :D:D, but let me tell you, you are giving me hope. I will get that cs out and try one too. Thank you for being such a great inspiration. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

peggysue said...

Fun, fun Grace. Although I have to differ with one stamper, I've tried my embossing buddy with acetate and didn't get great results. Very pretty result. It is tricky stamping on the acetate, isn't it? Nice image choices for it though.

Rosietoes said...

It looks great to me Grace. Beautiful card and sentiment. :)
Edna x

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fantastic card, Grace! I love the gemstones....the entire design is so awesome!!

Craft u Crazy said...

Oh my word, What a beautiful card Grace. your creations are awesome.
I love all your work and will definitely be following your blog.
Please pop over to my blog to see my stuff. Im fairly new at this and love making new blog friends - Oh, my name is Adele and I'm from South Africa.

Hugs
Adele

Ramona said...

Grace, this is simply beautiful. I believe this is the prettiest clear card I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing The Lord with me today.

Connie M. said...

I know i said this before on this card, but I must say it again...Stunning!! I can not believe this was your first crack at acetate! Amazing!!

Kelley said...

Very cool and great job! I would have totally smeared the heck out of it but you did fabulous!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful Grace! I love acetate cards! You did an amazing job!