Monday, September 14, 2009

MMSC18 Summer's End Crafty Secrets

Hello everyone!
I am running a little behind on the challenges I usually try to do, so I really wanted to get in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge before time runs out! LOL!

So I started with a Bazzill base, layered on Core'dinations Vintage Collection Marigold color, and I matted my image with the bazzill again. My image is a Cotton Scrap from Crafty Secrets... called "flowers". I sewed the scrap to the mat with gold thread and a not so perfect zig zag stitch. Now you see why I don't sew that much on my cards! LOL!

Anyway, I used a scrap of deep chocolate which I cut with my Nestatbiliteis Flourish for the top and bottom, then added antique copper brads and jewelry hemp wrapped around them.

It is still hot and summery here, but the evenings are starting to really cool off, so there is a hint of fall in the air. I love this time of year. I love when the leaves start to change and that glorious beauty surrounds you with warmth and splendor! My Grandkids were here yesterday playing on the lake one last time before it gets too cool. I have so much to thank God for!

Thanks for looking! Have a great week!


Photobucket

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace wow love your frame, image, and colors!! Gorgeous work, Happy Monday!

Gina Lindsay said...

this is gorgeous. Your colors are so rich and pretty. I am loving to cooler nights and mornings too. Glad your grandkids got at least one last visit in on the lake before it gets too cool.

Priscilla said...

Hey, you still had a whole day to get your card in for the drawing, so you are not that far behind..LOL Great job using the sketch this week. I like how you did the lace up with the end pieces. We will have a new sketch up tomorrow so be sure to stop in :) Lots of cool stuff happening on the MM blog..be sure not to miss out. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Phyllis said...

Lovely card and it matches your blog so very well!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week and we will be looking for you next week too!! (Oh, my that is tomorrow)!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - what a beauty!!! Totally awesome take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Stephanie said...

I love this time of year too, Grace - perfect for just about everything! Sunflowers are the perfect representation of this time - which reminds me...I have a sunflower wreath that I need to hang on my front door :)

lovely card :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so stunning I love your take on this sketch, I could not wrap my head it so I took a pass! Have a great evening! Beth

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - it seems like both you and I have been racing the clock with the MMSC...but we made it! Love this, made with your usual creative style my friend!! Love the colours and the warmth that come with it! This is beautiful Grace, you have nailked the MMSC!! God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!! Love your colors and the use of the sketch!! So cheery and beautiful!! You are so talented my friend!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace your card is serene and graceful. How beautiful the colors blend into one gorgeous display. Love it's beautiful elegance. Thanks for playing with us this week at MMSC.

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

laos348 said...

Gorgeous! I like the colors and how you framed the image.

JazzyH said...

I love fall. Great card!

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace. Love the fact that it's a fabric piece on the card. I'm sure the texture is wonderful IRL. :)
Edna x

Dawn B. said...

Beautiful card Grace. I love the fall too. The fabric panel and the stitching is perfect. I am so glad you got to see the kids this weekend. Such fun times..

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Grace! The colors are so very pretty! I think you did a great job sewing as well!! Just beautiful and I love your detail!

Cat said...

What a gorgeous card! How clever to use the brads and jewelery hemp!