Saturday, September 5, 2009

Praying You'll Soon be Well in Beads

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! I rarely get to play the Inspiration Challenge on SCS because my husband and I usually work ourselves to death in the yard on Saturdays... LOL! But this morning I had a little early morning time and I played along. The inspiration was to be taken from the Moyna Handbags and I chose this one. I loved the beaded black and white bag and decided to try beading my card.

I stamped the image, which is one of the three newly released sets from Our Daily Bread Designs, in Black Versafine and then clear embossed. I then covered the whole image panel with beadable embossing tape and covered with LaJolla Sugar Dust Beads. I loved the effect of the embossing under the beads because it gave a raised effect to the beaded area. I don't know if you can see that or not in the photo but it is a cool effect. I matted with basic black.

The designer paper is Making Memories, and I spritzed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl from ODBD. That really gave this paper some pretty sparkle! Oh I love this glimmer mist! I matted again with basic black and mounted on a white base.

I wanted to keep the design fairly simple, as the bag was an overall simple design. My only embellishments are the Cuttlebug Die Cut/ Embossed butterfly and the "trail" of pearls, which is Prima and also from ODBD. I cut the butterfly once out of black and once out of more dp from the Making Memories Black Tie pack and I rubbed black in on the negative side of the CB folder before embossing. The sentiment panel is on dimensionals.

I hope you like my beaded card and thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a blessed weekend!

To find out how you can WIN this set from Our Daily Bread Designs, see our Current Challenge THREE FOR THEE, which is open until Sept. 17. There will be three lucky winners and each will receive one of the newly released Doodles sets: Get Well, Thinking of You and Friendship. We'd love to see what you come up with so please link your card to the ODBD Blog by Sept 17, and YOU could be a lucky winner!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

soooo gorgeous, Grace!! Love those beads and how you pour so much love into each and every one of your cards - I'm always so envious of your attention to details :) lovin' the new look on your blog, too - just perfect for the season!!

Riet said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Grace, you never cease to amaze me with the creativity inside you!!!! This is out of this world GORGEOUS!!! Love, love, love that big butterfly with the bead body. This card is AMAZING!!!! Oh, love the new look of your blog too!!!Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Grace this is just beautiful!!! Love the elegance of Black and White and that gorgeous big pearled butterfly!!! :)

peggysue said...

Gorgeous card Grace! I also like your new background. I'll have to have you design something for mine some time. Those beads are so pretty, but so elegant in your placement, nothing overdone.

Kelley said...

Oh Grace, this is stunning! Love the beads! So sparkly!

Diane Noble said...

You are amazing! One gorgeous piece of artwork after another! What a beautiful layout and stunning detail. More than beautiful.

laos348 said...

Wow - the black and white looks so elegant. Gorgeous card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow this really shimmerz, I like the beads and your butterfly is awesome.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Grace!! It just glistens with elegance!!! Love the beads and your gorgeous butterfly!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - this looks so beautiful card!!! I've tried the shimmerz before, but it did look that great on my card...but I'm loving it on yours - LOL!!! Keep them beauties coming.....Hugs ~S~

Gina Lindsay said...

This is beautiful. I love it all, but the pearls on the butterfly and the trial are very nice. The image panel is great too, very nice effect.

Kay said...

Another beautiful card, Grace! Please let me know the secret to using Glimmer Mist! I love the idea of it but have never had success when I use it. I always end up with a gloppy mess!!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card! I love the beads.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, really neat card! I love the colors and the dimension the butterfly and the pearls give!

Dawn B. said...

This is really beautiful Grace. I love the color combo you used. So elegant. Your new background looks terrific. Super job. I love all the fall colors.