Friday, September 4, 2009

Great is Your Faithfulness MMSC17

Hello everyone!
I made this card for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I turned it on it's side this time and tweeked the corners just a bit.

I cannot get a good photo of this card for some reason. It actually has a lot of sparkle to it. I used one of my favorite Our Daily Bread Designs sets, Scripture Collection 1. The verse I selected is from Lamentations 3:21-23 and says:

Yet this I call to mind and
Therefore I have Hope:
because of the Lord's Great Love
we are not consumed,
For His Compassions Never Fail.
They are new every morning;
GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!

Isn't that a fantastic Scripture! Makes me want to sing!

My card base is True Thyme, sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Bronze from the ODBD Store. My matting is Brushed Copper by The Paper Co. The green floral and the gold designer paper is K&Co "Ancestry", and the lighter green designer paper is First Blush by Prima.
I used a Sizzix Wedding Embossing Folder for the main panel. I used the Nestabilities Label 5 to cut the verse, embossed the edge and ran a copper gel pen around the edge. I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink on the light green panel. I used a QuicKutz Flourish Die Cut from Hobby Lobby for my corners and added a couple brads to the opposite corners. My horizontal strip is cut on both sides with an EK Success Edge Punch and mounted on a strip of the copper cs. All the layers are sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I used Bronze on all the layers except the light green, and on that I used Pearl. I wish I could capture the sparkle but the photo definitely does not do this one justice!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I know we have a lot of catching up to do on work around our yard and house... doesn't that sound fun? LOL! It will just be good to have my hubby home for an extra day! For those of you in the US... have a happy Labor Day Weekend!

Thank you for stopping by!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my word, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! And girl, you go on and sing!!! Nothing better than praising GOD!!! Hugs, blessings and have a wonderful weekend, Sabrina

Lorelie Kim said...

Stunningly gorgeous, Grace!! I see you're delving into some Tattered Angels...aren't Glimmers awesome?!

Crystal said...

Grace this is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the vintage feel of this card, outstanding as usual sweetie!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!!! I just love all the copper and metallic accents!! So elegant!! i am so glad you could do the MMS challenge this week. I love all your creations but seeing your take on these sketches and using the ODBD stamps is indeed a double blessing my dear friend. I hope you have a super weekend my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Priscilla said...

oh Grace you just keep tweeking these sketch..your creations are just amazing :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and if you have not done so yet, please stop back by and check out the Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorial :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is just beautiful! I love the old world feel of the papers. :)
Michelle MMDT

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace, this is just amazing!! Love that scripture and the MMSC - this works so well, especially with the colours and shimmer you have used. One masterpiece here my friend!! Great is Thy faithfulness is one of my favourite Hymns...how true!
I hope your weekend is a blessed one - how was your Lobster - YUMBLY!! You can cook for me anytime! A beautiful card Grace - thanks for sharing! God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and love all the rich detailing, Grace!!! Wonderful scripture card!!!

Riet said...

Ohhh GRace,what a beautiful card,so chique.

Hugs Riet.x

Kelley said...

Oh my gosh..COPPER!! My favorite! This is stunning!!

Diane Noble said...

Your card is spectacular and His mercies are amazing! What lovely harmony is paper and embellishments. Truly a work of art.

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely beautiful - Grace!!! Love the design, the shimmerz and the scripture sentiment!!! Well done my friend!!! Big hugs ~S~

Carolyn said...

Breathtaking! What more can I say? Please keep playing with us. We love seeing your creations.

Thank you.
Carolyn MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wonderful job Grace. This card has such rich colors, along with the sparkles and the corners, it looks so classic! Thanks for sharing your talent, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the papers you chose for this...it is just beautiful! Love that verse as well.

ellepaulette said...

Heavenly Daisies! This is just so lovely!!

Beautiful verse to go with a beautiful card!! :)