Sunday, September 27, 2009

Praying for You... Stamping Sisters in Christ

Happy Sunday everyone!

I made this card for today's Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS and for the Stamping Sisters in Christ Challenge... to make a Thinking of You or Praying for You card. I chose a gorgeous all white card by Nancy to case. You can't improve on perfection, and hers was there... so making three changes was difficult, but here is what I did:

I stamped my sentiment in Archival Sepia Ink onto Very Vanilla CS. The sentiment is from the soon to be released Our Daily Bread Designs set "Praying for You". I then stamped the dragonfly from a coordinating set, With Heartfelt Sympathy... and I stamped off once, then lightly stamped it onto my main panel. Then I cut all my pieces for the sketch and ran then through the CB with my new CB embossing/ die combo "Ornamental Iron". Love it!!! Then I sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dyed, to give an antiqued look. I sprayed everything with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Bronze. Love Glimmer Mist!!! I had more trouble getting a good photo of this... the sun is only peeking out now and then today and I tried to catch the moment but I still don't think you can really see the sparkle.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are having a blessed Sunday!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! Love the colors and the embossing!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Great card Grace. LOVE your new toys. Hope your week is terrific.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty, I love the calming color and the sentiment makes it perfect for so many occasions.

Davi said...

This card is beautiful. The colors are peaceful and the embossing is wonderful. GREAT job!

MiamiKel said...

Wow!! So eye catching! It's so very lovely :) Great job!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Grace!

Carin said...

Gorgeous!

Helen said...

Very, very pretty card!
Blessings!
~H

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love all the texture and the monochromatic colors!! So elegant and beautiful like all your creations!!
hugs,
Chris

Stephanie said...

Just picked up a Tea Dye distress ink pad - I think a certain someone (not mentioning any names, Grace) enabled me :) Just love the look of it...thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Grace, this is so beautiful and so understated - truly elegant!

Judy Rozema said...

Simply GORGEOUS! Love the texture!!

laos348 said...

Gorgeous card!

Kelley said...

GORGEOUS!!!! love the color!! So cool!

Trish D said...

This is gorgeous!! Simple but oh so elegant

Kristine said...

Beautiful and "Oh-so-Elegant" Grace!! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at SSCC! It's truly an honor to have you join us :)

Mary said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors.