Wednesday, September 16, 2009

SEI it with Butterlies

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday! I was so busy yesterday I didn't get to play along with the SCS Color Challenge, but fellow ODBD DT member Betty chose the prettiest color combo so I used those colors today when I did the Sketch Challenge on SCS. I used the pretty Butterfly and flourishes image from this month's Our Daily Bread designs new release, Get Well, and the sentiment from a coordinating set called Thinking of You. I also used one of my favorite designer papers from SEI.

I stamped my image and sentiment into VersaMark and then Close to Cocoa and clear embossed. I stamped the image twice so I could cut out the butterflies and pop them up. All the dp is SEI Chocolate and wow is it pretty!

I used a base of Bazzill Textured Pink and matted each layer in the same. I used my slot punch to punch a hole for the SU! Pretty in Pink ribbon, and I added some bling, stickles and a butterfly from the SEI pack.

It's cloudy here today and I can't capture the sparkle of the stickles or embossing but it's there. I am putting this one in the mail today to a dear friend whose husband passed away a couple weeks ago and the 18th is his birthday, so I thought she would appreciate this on that day.

Thanks for looking !!! Have a great Wed.!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Grace

This is a beautiful card and I do love those colours and the swirls.

Ali x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning!!! Love the colors and that paper, so gorgeous. I am sure your friend will treasure this card and be grateful to have a friend like you. It is the little things that make us appreciate friendships. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is so beautiuful and the butterfly patterned dp is perfect!!! Love the added sparkle butterfly accenting!!! Lovely card!!! Hey, LOVE that color combo, too!!! Hee Hee!!!

Dawn B. said...

Great paper for the color challenge Grace. I have some of this in my stash. It is so pretty. You must love butterflies. Your blog has them too. Super job.

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - I love your butterfly card and of course all those wonderful sparkles :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Debi said...

Grace this is really pretty.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty grace, I love the colors. The sparkles on the butterfly are great.

Traci M said...

Grace, your cards always take my breath away! This is gorgeous and I love the repeat of the butterflies and the colors..well just perfect! I'm sure it will mean a lot to your friend!

Lovely Linda said...

Just gorgeous Grace - I love the DP and those butterflies!! Those ODB images are stunning and work so well with this!! Your colours are fabulous and finish this card beautifully - you just keep making those 'works of art' and they just keep being fabulous!! Thanks for inspiring!! {{{hugs}}}

peggysue said...

Its just lovely Grace and I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Grace!! Love the butterflies with these colors!! And your sketch is fabulous!!

Mary said...

So pink and feminine and pretty!!

Rosietoes said...

I'm on a real butterfly fest at the moment Grace and this is just gorgeous. Love the colours you have chosen. :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Totally, totally gorgeous!!!!! I love this paper and your total card is fantastic!!!

Kathy Jones said...

What a truly beautiful card Grace - love the way you've used these colours, beautiful stamps and papers. Your friend will truly appreciate this heartfelt thoughts and prayers behind this card.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty! I love all of the butterflies! Gorgeous color choices as well.

Kelley said...

I LOVE this paper..one of my all time faves! Fantastic card!