Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge and Prizes!





Hello everyone! Today is a special day at Our Daily Bread Designs! We are having a Design Team Challenge, and You are invited to play along! THREE new sets were just released at Our Daily Bread designs, and we have THREE FOR THEE! We'd love to have you play along with us, and link to the challenge post on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog Post by Thurs. Sept. 17. The winners will be announced on the Blog on Sat. Sept 19. Kelley has generously offered THREE new sets as prizes! To get all the details on the challenge, check out the ODBD Blog now, then play along with us and YOU could be a winner!

Now on to my samples! This is my first month as Design Team Coordinator, so I got to choose the challenge! Our challenge was to make a pocket card... any type, any size, as many pockets as you want! I decided to showcase parts of two different sets by making my own version of this pocket card originally seen on SCS in the Resource Section.

I made my card an A2 size but turned it on it's side. For the set above, I used the image and a sentiment from the newly released set "Thinking of You". I stamped in VersaColor (Icicle) and then clear heat embossed.

For my pull out part, I cut my sentiment panel with the Nestabilities Label 6, layered with a larger Label 6 cut from K&Co. Blue Awning, matted it on more Blue Awning and placed on a base of Kiwi Kiss which I sponged with T Holtz Distress Ink in Scattered Straw. I used a slot punch to cut a slot for the ribbon and I dyed the ribbon with Kiwi Kiss Ink sponged onto a very similar green ribbon that just needed a tweek of color to be a perfect match.

To make the pocket I cut my double sided designer paper (Blue Awning) 5 1/4" x 8 1/2". I scored along the 5 1/4" side at 4 " and again at 7 1/4". I folded up at the 5 1/4" score line and down at the 7 1/4" score. I used an MS Edge Punch to punch the lower edge of the folded down flap. I ran the pocket through the Big Shot with the Wedding Embossing Folder. I added a strip of Kiwi Kiss which I punched to match and sponged with TH Distress Ink, and adhered. I rounded my corners with my SU! corner punch. I cut a base of Kiwi Kiss 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", rounded the corners and sponged again with TH. I used red tacky strip to adhere my pocket sides together, added the ribbon, and then adhered to base.

I stamped the image for my pocket on an unknown creamy cs from my stash, heat embossed as above, making an extra image to cut out the butterfly and pop up. I cut this panel out with a QuicKutz die cut. I cut it three times in order to get the larger Kiwi Kiss layer, the blue awning layer and the creamy layer. I made a little interest to my creamy layer by stamping with Color Box Alabaster, just the flourishes from a another new set, Friendship. Then I used Going Gray Pastels and lightly sponged on to highlight the design. I sponged the edges with Scattered Straw and mounted with dimensionals onto the pocket. I cut the extra butterfly out, popped up his wings, attached and added little pearls to his body and to the flap on the pocket.

For the set below, I used the same style pocket but used some Blue Awning Tags that were ready cut. To them I added sentiments from the Friendship Set, again embossed and matted, sponged as above. The blue scrolls are actually a QuicKutz die cut that was a circle frame with scrolls on either end. I cut the circle out and used just the scrolls to frame my sentiments. I added pearls and ribbons. These were so quick and would make great bookmarks, and yes, they both fit nicely inside the pocket!

Don't forget to visit the ODBD Blog for all the details and for the entire list of talented Designers who have made some fantastic creations for you! To see the next few designers on the list, visit:
Deborah
Lorelie
Chris
Jane

Good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

20 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace HOW GORGEOUS!!! What a fabulous card design and colors!

Dawn said...

so Gorgeous Grace!! those are winner colors!

LorettaL said...

So very beautiful, Grace!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my - Grace - this is absoltuely beautiful!!! Love your pocket card idea!!! Hugs ~S~

Deborah Saaranen said...

Pretty, pretty, PRETTY! I love the blues and green together Grace! You design is just gorgeous...what a great image panel with the die cut!

peggysue said...

Grace this is gorgeous! I was wondering whose blue that was! A pocket card, I haven't made one of those in ages! Great idea.

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Grace!!! Beautiful colors and details!!! Wonderfully done!!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Chris!!! Wonderful colors and design!!! Fabulous cards!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina Jackson said...

My oh my, Grace, this card is beyond BEAUTIFUL!!!! The colors are breathtaking. I have to have those stamps :D. Absolutely amazing card!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lorelie Kim said...

STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL, Grace!! Awesome challenge you gave us!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Grace!! I love your colors and design!!! Stunning!! Awesome challenge!!
hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,what beautiful,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Traci M said...

This is one I'd need step by step in person instructions, Grace!! It is so intricate in detail and gorgeous in looks...wonderful work!!
And congratulations being DT for ODBD!

Carin said...

Grace,
What a beautiful card. I really like the pocket cards... gives the person receiving it something to do besides opening it!

Kathy Jones said...

This is gorgeous (as usual!) Grace!!! Beautiful colours and wonderful designs!!! Love the look of these beautiful new sets!! :)

Connie M. said...

Oh Grace...this is just sooo beautiufl!! Love the two tags in you pocket...and the colors are sooo pretty!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Oh Grace:
Just how beautiful! your gift from God is just amazing.


~God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Anonymous said...

Grace, you used my favorite paper for this magnificent creation! I love it - what an awesome pocket card!
--Hugs Becca

katiesniche said...

This is absolutely breathtaking. I love the colors you used and the whole layout...amazing.