Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ODBD New Release! Praying You'll soon be Well

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be showing you a sample of our newest release at Our Daily Bread Designs! If you have not checked out the Our Daily Bread designs site yet... please do so ASAP! Three new sets have been released this month and you will LOVE everyone one of them! This sample is from the "Get Well" set.

I stamped the image and sentiment with Archival Sepia on GPW and sponged T Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen lightly to age the stark white cs. I cut it out with my brand new toy from Spellbinders, Label 7. I used the largest size for this combo of image and sentiment so to create the "cover" I simply used the outter edge of the die cut to define my cutting line and cut out around it with my Fiskars finger blade, using deep chocolate card stock from Lasting Impressions. I wanted this to look like a Bible, so after cutting the sentiment panel and embossing it, I used two different gel pens to achieve my "pages". First I made multiple lines with copper, then went over that with gold gel pens. I'm sorry I don't know the brand of these pens. I've had them a long time and there are no markings on them. By using the two colors though, I was able to achieve the effect of some "pages", instead of a solid gold edge. I was pleased with the look. When I adhered my "Bible" to the card, I ran a strip of heavy tack glue down the center, then used extra thick dimensional foam in the center of each "page" to pop them up, and then ran the high tack glue down the edges as well. I'm not sure the photo does it justice, but it does give the effect of an open book.

I kept the card layout simple to let the stamps shine. The base is Bazzill, and then I matted a caramel colored textured layer (ANW Crestwood - Autumn). The designer paper is from First Blush (Prima Marketing). The flower is Prima, and the ribbon was from my stash. I used tiny gold half beads to accent some of the flourishes. I stamped my image again in VersaMark and then the Sepia and clear embossed, cutting out just the butterflies. I popped them up for more dimension. The little corner treatment is a die cut from Sizzix, cut from a scrap of Lasting Impressions and then run throught the big shot with the CB Textile embossing folder.

I hope you enjoyed this sample! I KNOW you are going to LOVE this month's new releases!

To see other samples of the newly released sets, please visit these Design Team Members:
Lorelie
Connie
Silke
Dawn
Sandee
Chris
Deborah
Angie

We are doing a special Design Team Challenge this month and YOU are invited to play along! It's called "THREE FOR THEE". To find out all about it you need to go to the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog on SEPT. 3! There will be PRIZES... you guessed it... THREE of them! (I'll give you a hint... there are THREE New Sets!) We'd love to have you play along with us! I will have the details of the challenge posted here too so please stop by on the third!

One more big piece or news in the Bread Basket: Dawn Lusk has joined us as Guest Designer for the month of Sept! Yay! Dawn was the second winner of our GD contest! Be sure to check out her card linked above and give her some love!

If you can't tell, I am overjoyed and excited to be back in the "Bread Basket"! I feel right at home here among all my fellow bread sticks! It is truly an honor to represent my Lord and Savior in my card making, and Our Daily Bread designs provides me the stamps to do just that!

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Grace this is incredible!!!! What a wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

Wow Grace, what a beautiful card!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!!! I love the spelbinders die you used and your layout!! Incredibly elegant and beautiful my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

stampinganja said...

What a great way to use the Spellbinders die, wow!
Love your card and all the other ones. Our Daily Bread is very lucky to have you!
Thanks for sharing,Anja

Dawn said...

fabulous Grace! that die was made for ODB! beautiful

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh Grace...this is just beautiful and precious! What a great design around the new Spellbinder die! Just gorgeous!

The Mama Monkey said...

Congratulations Grace!!! This card is just beautiful! I love the ribbon bookmark in the center.

Betty Wright said...

Grace. this is so gorgeous!!! Beautiful colors and I LOVE how you used this set with the new spellbinders die cut!!! Wonderfully done!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, I got the ODBD blog update this morning and knew right away that this wonderful card was your creation. I did not even have to look at the name. God has truly blessed you with creativity. I have been admiring you for quite some time now and I have seen your growth. It is a joy to see your cards as they speak louder than words. Thank you for sharing your gift with us. am always excited when I see your updates as it makes my day a better day through the sccripture or image you've used. This card is so amazing I'd frame it ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW!!! This is absolutely amazing - Grace!!! Hugs ~S~

Connie M. said...

This is just stunning, Grace!! Love your use of this die, and the colors are so rich and beautiful!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW Grace this is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Stephanie said...

Grace - this is soooo beautiful!! It reminds me of the decorative bibles my mom had on a shelf unit when I was growing up. I think they were from Home Interiors - I thought of them instantly....I'll have to show her the pic of your card :)

Tanya said...

Very beautiful card!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kelley said...

Grace, you are amazing! This is an outstanding card!!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace, I saw this card on SCS and loved it straight away - I knew if had to be your before I even looked at the name. Such a gorheous layout with the Nestie framing that gorgeous new set from ODB. I love thses colours and the butterflies are such a gorheous touch...and that Prima - if only we got them here....GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for shring and inspiring Grace...and congratulations on your exciting news - I am th-INK-ing of you too!! God bless you!

kate blue said...

me again, lurking through your gallery and feeling the blessings...this is fantastic; love the way the pages open like that and the color palette is soothing.

KateB
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/