Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Friendship Blessings

This is the card I made for the sketch challenge today on SCS. I honestly don't know how Roxi keeps coming up with these week after week but she does and this was a fun one to work with! It went together really quickly, which is good since I'm in a bit of a hurry!

I used one of the newly released Our Daily Bread designs sets called Friendship. This month there are three great sets all using doodled butterflies or dragonflies, and great sentiments. I love these sets! Not only are they pretty, but the nature of the doodled designs makes them perfect for quick cards, because you don't have to color them!

I stamped my image with VersaMagic in Purple Hydrangea twice, and clear embossed, then cut out the dragonfly from one to pop up. The paper I stamped this image on is a discontinued SU! Certainly Celery DP.

I stamped my sentiment from the same set with Archival Jet Black and cut with my Nestie Label #4.

My paper layers are"
Base: Bazzill
Floral: DCWV
Striped: Unknown from my stash
Green: SU!
White: Georgia Pacific

I used a Martha Stewart edge punch and the bling is from The Paper Studio.

Please don't forget that there is a Design Team Challenge going on at Our Daily Bread designs! All you have to do is make a pocket card and upload it to the ODBD Blog by Sept. 17! YOU could WIN one of THREE new sets being given away by Kelley!!! Check out all the details here!

Thank you so much for looking! Have a great day!!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow Grace this looks AMAZING!!! I LOVE your colors and you dragonfly with the flourishes...WOW Gorgeous!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my, Grace, this is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I just made a card with this set, you know I had to have all three sets, but shhhh, don't tell my DH :D:D;D. Still gotta upload it to my Blog, but it was such fun playing with this fantastic set. Love the colors you've used and that bling, just perfect. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Dragonlady said...

Hi Grace

Love the colours in this card and the scroll work is adorable.

Ali x

Traci M said...

Oh so pretty and I love the purple sentiment...and all the purple papers...just wonderful!

Saved By Grace said...

Hi Grace this is a very pretty card. I almost bought this sentiment I just love it and it really can make someone's day. You truly inspire me to keep creating, I love your blog and keep coming back for more inspiration. God Bless you!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!!! I love your colors, dp and use of the sketch!! So elegant!!

peggysue said...

Grace that is lovely! The purple DP really pops. I agree there is much inspiration of all types to be found on your blog.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful card, Grace!!!! I just love the colors and papers you used and the sentiment is sooo touching!!!!!

Stephanie said...

beautiful Grace - just love the colors in this card and the combo of patterns! the texture really shows up in the photo :)