Sunday, June 20, 2010

Great Is Your Faithfulness!

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! This week our hostess is the lovely Candace, and she has chosen this wonderful verse:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

The challenge is to use no stamped image but only words, sentiments, verses. So no picture images.

I love the verse Candace chose because it reminds us that God has given us all we need to know about Him and about how He wants us to live... and it's in His Word. Our job is to read it, study it, apply it, love it, obey it. How well would we know our family members and other people in our lives if we never spent time with them? We have to spend time talking with our loved ones, listening to them, hearing what's important to them. As we do this, we grow closer to them and begin to change our own ways to please them more, and it's the same with God! When we take time in His Word... it becomes a light in the darkness that's all around us. It leads us in the way we should go. It tells us who God is and what He wants from us! It tells us the real meaning to life, our purpose, our value to God, and that He dearly loves us. It tells us about sin, and how it separates us from a totally Holy and righteous God. It tells us that He so loved us that He sent His Son to pay the penalty for our sin, so that through faith in His shed blood, we can come into right relationship with God. It tells us the answers to all life's questions. Granted, sometimes those answers don't come easily. But He promises that those who diligently seek Him will find Him. He has given us the light we need to guide our steps... let's be sure we are availing ourselves of all He's given us!

So for my take on today's challenge, I used an Our Daily Bread designs set, Scripture Collection 1. I chose this wonderful verse from Lamentations, because in thinking about God's Word... I think of His love, mercy and faithfulness to us. Doesn't this verse make you want to break into song... Great is thy faithfulness... Lord unto me!

The sketch I used today is from Midnight Madness58 and I used a base by Coredinations which I lightly sanded to expose the core color. The papers are from PinkPaisley Queen B pack. I have torn the lower edge and used the faux burned technique. I used spellbinders labels 12, 5 and curvy rectangles and a CB embossing folder. I have added two Sizzix corner pieces and pearls to qualify for the OCCC challenge this week "got you cornered". I did some sewing and added this beautiful lace that was a gift from my sweet friend Pat. I'm almost out of it and am sad to see it go, as I can't find anything like this around here! Thank you Pat!!!

Our sponsor this week is Paper Jewels. They are donating a $15.00 gift certificate!

We'd love to have you play along... if you do, please place a link to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog in your post, and place a direct link to your project on the SSCC thread.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!

Here's links to the rest of the team to make it easier for you!

Chris
Candace
Linda
Kathy
Randi
Peggysue
Lisa
Miesje
Rebekkah

I am entering this in the following challenges:
There She Goes - Worn, torn distressing
Secret Crafters - Quote (the Bible)
Charisma Cards - Bling- pearls
Dutch Dare Challenges - Bees (my dp is QUEEN BEES... doesn't that count?)
Paper Play Challenge - Something Old (Sizzix Corner die cuts and pearls)



23 comments:

Wendy M said...

This is the kind of card you could put in a picture frame... it's beautifully designed.

Becky said...

This is just stunning Grace, love the dp and the the lace. Have a great day.

Miesje said...

WOW - what an elegant card! I agree with Becky - frame it.

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, lovely details.

Priscilla said...

GORGEOUS!! Your layering is amazing on this one. Here’s to another wonderful week with the Midnight Madness Challenges. Thanks for playing with us.. we love checking out your work.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

pam124 said...

Grace, I always look forward to your creations for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. My gosh, this is totally AMAZING. LOVE the verse, your use of the nesties, the torn burn effect, lace and corners. You did an INCREDIBLE job!!

Thanks SO MUCH for playing with us this week and I hope you can join us again next week!


Hugs
pam
MMSC - GD

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love your psalm.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Grace, this is just a stunning card with such quality and layers! I so appreciate your thought today. hugs!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous card Grace... as always! I love all the layering and the fabulous vintage look!

Hugs,
Lisa

Faye said...

This is a beautiful card, love all the elements and the soft colours and that there is no image, just gorgeous text. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Kathy W. said...

Beautiful card Grace. Love the verse too =)

peggysue said...

I think the paper counts as a queen bee entry for that challenge, yes! :) How lovely this is, and what great words you shared for this day. (pssst! I think your friend Pat needs to send you some more ribbon!)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Grace, and I love the verse from Lamentations. I agree--this is another of your frame-able artwork!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Grace - what a masterpiece you have created here! Your work is just fabulous - I agree about framing it - it needs to be shown off! You have well and truly nailed the SSIC and MMSC with this my friend. I do love the colors - fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Yvonne Hagane said...

Such a beautiful card...Just stunning!

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace you do such exquisite work. I love the understated colors that let the verse stand as the focal point of this splendid creation. So charming and stylish. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

Crystal said...

WOWZA Grace this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Grace! Everything is just so beautiful.

JazzyH said...

Stunning as usual!

Traci M said...

I wonder if Pat can see this...hmm...that is beautiful ribbon to go along with that gorgeous card to accent that amazing scripture to magnify your words that are so very true!! Thanks Grace, for all you share with your heart and your talents!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wowza!! Stunning card, more like a work of art really!

Mandy said...

Grace your cards are always beautiful, it's such a pleasure to visit you.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh Grace this is just stunning!!! Such elegance, wonderful colours and fabulous design!!