Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sneak Peek: Layers of Color Botanical Swirls Art Stencil


Hello everyone!
Today I have another sneak peek for you and a couple of the new Art Stencils being released Mon. June 14th by Layers of Color! I have to tell you we on the design team have been having so much fun playing with these stencils, as they are so fun and versatile!

This birdhouse ornament was purchased from Michael's as a plain cardboard ornament. I painted it with Acrylic paint and then, used the Layers of Color Art Stencil "Botanical Swirls" and T Holtz distress Ink to stencil in the greenery on the house.


The flexibility of the stencils allows you to stencil things that you could not stamp because of space. I just moved the stencil around until I found a part of the pattern that I wanted on each side of this ornament and stenciled. I then decorated the bird house using the Layers of Color Art Stamp sets "Backyard Birds" and "Nature Walk" for the flowers. I colored with Copics, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. For an organic feel I tied on some raffia at the top. This was so simple.

As a bird lover, I collect bird houses and chickadees so I just had to try this! Ornaments are not just for Christmas you know! :) (Don't know if you were wondering...but the pretty swirled pattern on the paper under my birdhouse is another sneak peek at some dp I made using another of these new Art Stencils... Natural Flourish. Such a quick and easy way to have some great dp ready to go!)


DON'T FORGET.... Monday, June 14th will be the RELEASE PARTY for these art stencils! From now until June 14th you can sign up to win the complete release of all 7 Art Stencils! Visit the Layers of Color Blog to sign up NOW!




Feel free to share this announcement on your blog!! Go ahead a grab it here

All the designers will be sharing new art stencil sneak peeks on their blogs throughout this week.
So be sure to visit them often!!!

At the party we’ll have a fun BLOG HOP, tutorials and art galleries full of inspiring projects! See you at the party, JUNE 14th!


I am entering this in the following challenges:

24 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace I absolutely LOVE this....I think you were reading my mind, I was just looking at templates last night for a birdhouse and you sooooo gave me more inspiration sweetie..TY!!! I so gotta try on of these yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, OMWord, this is so fabulous!!! I am at awe every time I come to visit you!! You have got to be one of the modst creative people I know...never a dull moment on your Blog...love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful little birdhouse. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

peggysue said...

What a fabulous little birdhouse, such a great ornament or decoration for the home. Pretty color choices again, as usual!

Irena said...

Amazing creation, very beautiful :)

MariLynn said...

Grace this is gorgeous. I love how the stenciling looks on the sides of the house.

Lori said...

This is gorgeous Grace! Sweet ornament for a hostess gift.The stencils look like so much fun, great sampling so far!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Grace. This is so beautiful. These stencils are going to be so much fun. I love bird houses as well and have an "altered birdhouse" collection if you would like to see:
http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com/2008/05/spring-is-in-air.html
This is my "spring" collection. I keep saying I'm going to create more for different season's but time always gets away from me. Have a wonderful day, and I can't wait to see what else you girls come up with to inspire us!

Lovely Linda said...

Totally DIVINE Grace - I am loving this birdhouse - you should link it to the SSIC as well as the them is animals - I am sure everyone over there would love to see it!! I love your creative detail - you have certainly brought your stencils to life my friend! Thank you for being such am inspiration Grace - on so many levels! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is so sweet and realistic - love what you have done here!! i am left in awe at your work - you are an inspiration.
blessings
M

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Grace this is LOVELY!!! This would make a GREAT gift!!

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous bird house just love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at TT this week.

Lesley said...

Beautiful bird house! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

theneon said...

you've turned "plain" into extraordinarily beautiful!

Becky said...

What a fabulous looking bird house. Great minds think alike, I just did bird houses :)

Kathy W. said...

Gorgeous bird house Grace. I love it=)

Kristine said...

Definately one of my favorite projects of yours (prolly cause I collect birdhouses) ☺ Love the shape and stenciled work and everything--cute cute!!

PatR said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.
xx

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I also have many birdhouses but none as lovely as this one, great job!

Wendy M said...

WOW :D This is fab xx

Juls said...

wow this is just so gorgeous and creative!! Hugs Juls

CAROL said...

Oh! this is absolutely gorgeous.

My name is Cindy said...

Love it!!!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet work !! lovely images !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs
tina46
eac-team

Anonymous said...

oh, this is lovely - thank you for joining us at the alphabet challenge. x