Friday, June 11, 2010

Sneak Peek: Layers of Color Botanical Swirl Night Light Cover


Hello everyone!
Today I have another sneak peek for you one of the new Art Stencils being released Mon. June 14th by Layers of Color! We on the design team have been having so much fun playing with these stencils, as they are so fun and versatile!
This time, I have a sample to show you two ways. I altered this night light shade by first making a pattern of the shade itself, then stenciling it using the Botanical Swirls stencil again. It was so easy to do! I used Georgia Pacicfic whte card stock and it had all the flexibility I needed to wrap the shade. The original shade had an edging of seam binding on it, so I peeled that back, tucked my new shade cover inside, glued the seam binding back down and to give just a little more interest, I added this May Arts mesh ribbon in green. I first did just the shade alone, hoping to show more of the stencil, and then I added the flower and flourishes in shades of brown and copper because my newly finished bathroom in the basement is green and brown, with antique bronze fixtures, so I wanted to bring in some of those brown tones. I decided to show the shade as it was before I added the flowers so you could see the simpler version, and get a good look at the stencil.



So there you have it.... which way do you like it better?


DON'T FORGET.... Monday, June 14th will be the RELEASE PARTY for these art stencils! From now until June 14th you can sign up to win the complete release of all 7 Art Stencils! Visit the Layers of Color Blog to sign up NOW!




Feel free to share this announcement on your blog!! Go ahead a grab it here

All the designers will be sharing new art stencil sneak peeks on their blogs throughout this week.
So be sure to visit them often!!!

At the party we’ll have a fun BLOG HOP, tutorials and art galleries full of inspiring projects! See you at the party, JUNE 14th!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Busy Beauties - Anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - f-flower
Corrosive - Die Cuts (part of the flower is the SB Daisy Heads die cut)




15 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is such a deLIGHTful idea, Grace! You really make those stencils shine! ok enough of that sillyness lol.

Beautifully done, Grace! I love them both, it just depends on the style of the room I guess.

Have a lovely weekend!

MariLynn said...

I agree with Laura, simply deLIGHTful!!!

Crystal said...

WOW these are gorgeous Grace, what a clever and wonderful project, I LOVE the added flowers..they are beautiful!!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another inspired use of the stencils.... keep the bright ideas coming :-)!!
Blessings
M

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - you are amazing with these Art Stencils! This lamp is fabulous - I love the Botanical Swirls used on this - gorgeous! Your flowers are a stunning addition too - who wouldnt love this Grace!!! Thanks for all of the inspiration my friend - it is gorgeous and so motivating! {{{hugs}}}

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,so beautiful,i love the colours and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

America said...

wow!!!!!!!! beautiful and Incredible!! Great idea.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace!!Is that for me?You stole my idea!!He,he!!I love the colors,paper,and that pretty flower!!Awesome!Stunning job!!
Hugs
Chris

Yvonne Hagane said...

What a brilliant idea, Grace. You`re too clever! It looks absolutely stunning!

Kristine said...

Absolutely creative and beautiful project Grace!! LOVE IT! Great idea to show the finished project as well as an upclose of the stencil--it's so pretty on there. =) Have a fun weekend!!

Lori said...

Love this, Grace! Both the less and more versions! Great color combo, bet your bathroom is beautiful.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Great project, never would have thought to make a shade fora night light...your's is so pretty...both of them!

Irena said...

Great project!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful project! Love this blind!

Anonymous said...

oh, this is lovely - thank you for joining us at the alphabet challenge. x