Friday, June 18, 2010

Humming Along

Humming-Along

Hello everyone!
I had the chance to play this morning just for the fun of it. I had fallen in love with this newest release at Flourishes, and had gone to the release party on SCS. I won one of the trivia games! Yay! So I chose this set and while I was there I bought a couple more! :) So today I chose a sketch from Sketch & Stash 37 and went to work. I stamped with Memento, colored with copics, (still don't have all the right colors) and cut it with SB Deckled Rectangles.I used Bazzill for the base, BasicGrey Sugar Rush & Porcelain for the layers, Neenah for the image. I cut out the hummer and popped him up. I used 1 OLD CB folder (textile but still one of my favorites) and 1 NEW folder - Cassie's Brocade. I kept the layout true to the sketch and didn't add anything because I am enjoying just looking at this pretty image! Didn't want to detract from it!

Have a blessed weekend and see you on Sunday when we bring you another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

The Cuttlebug Spot - Embossing(textile and cassie's brocade)
Lexi's Creations - something old... the textile EF was one of my first
Shabby Tea Room - summer fun (flowers and humming bird)
Timeless Tuesday - embossing (textile and cassies brocade efs)

17 comments:

Crystal said...

BEAUTIFUL Colors Grace, WOW I just LVOE that added hummingbird too....AWESOME job coloring those pretty flowers!

Irena said...

This is Absolutely gorgeous card.
The image is great and lovely colored.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card, Grace, wonderful vibrant colors!

Debbie said...

Another pretty design for us to peek at, Grace! Thanks for sharing your lovely work in the Tea Room :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is beautiful and turned out wonderful! I love this new set also.

Betty Wright said...

GASP! Grace, this is so gorgeous and so beautifully colored! Wonderful card and fabulous details! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace~

Such a bold and beautiful card!
I love the colors you used! And, I love that big bold bow! This is
such a wonderful piece!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Becky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Grace, I love your style!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!!
xx

ChristineCreations said...

GASP Grace! This is so beautiful! Such gorgeous coloring on this beautiful set! (isn't it wonderful???) I'm so glad it's yours to play with!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card! Fabulous stamping job here and gorgeous coloring, too. Thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

Lori said...

Breath taking, Grace! The Hummer is bea-utiful! Love the color job you did on everything. Well, as least you have Copics, I keep saying I need them, but keep buying other stuff instead! :-]

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is beautiful.... I LOVE the layering. It is perfect for this set.. I am so glad to see you up and running again. How frustrating. This set is my favorite. Your coloring is beautiful. I bet you have these awesome birds in your yard.. It is so pretty there.. Gret job.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi again :) !!! How cool that you won this awesome Set...!!! Your card turned out so beautiful!!! I lvoe this color combo too and your coloring is awesome!!! Glad you had another chance to play along with us :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Lexi said...

this is beautiful an i adore those colours! Thanks for playing at LC

Hugs Lexi xxx

Unknown said...

Grace, this is super gorgeous!! Your coloring is outstanding! Wow!!
Thank you for sharing your amazing work.

Kristine said...

Gorgeous POPPING colors and beautiful stamps and coloring of them too!! Love this Grace. It's definately gonna bless the socks off it's recipient *Ü*