Thursday, June 3, 2010

Layers of Color Sneak Peek: Stencils



Today I have another sneak peek for you of one of the Summer Releases by Layers of Color -- ART STENCILS!! These wonderful stencils are so fun to play with and can be used on cards, gift bags, candles,walls, wood, fabric... you name it! I think I have contemplated stenciling everything in my house!!! LOL!

The Design Team will be showing you peeks over these next couple of weeks leading up to the Release Party on June 14th! Also, we will have a Drawing to win all 7 new art stencils at the Layers of Color blog, which will begin on June 7th! Be sure to pop on over there and see more inspiration, and sign up for the drawing !!! Also, please visit the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration over the next 2 weeks!




For this project, I used the Vintage Medallion Art Stencil again and thanks to Nina Bracket's great inspiration, I embossed it in my Cuttlebug. I then lightly sponged Bordering Blue on it, careful to just hit the high spots. I wanted the bg part of this pattern to remain white kind of like a doily. I then took a heart shaped paper doily, gathered it up at the point and made it the "wrap" for my little bouquet of posies. I tied up the bottom part with May Arts sheer ribbon and added some ZVA Creative pearls. I used a couple of CB corner cut outs and put this on a mat of Bazzill, on a white linen base. I made this for the Shabby Tearoom challenge to use hearts. Now you may not recognize the doily as a heart any more... but it is! :) Just to be sure it qualified I also added a double heart charm that was a RAK from my sweet DT Sister, America. Thanks for looking and I hope you are catching some of the excitement the Layers of Color DT has for these Stencils! Stay tuned because there's much more coming! :)

19 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Grace, this took my breath away with it's beauty....amazing creation!

MariLynn said...

Grace,this is absolutely gorgeous. I love how elegant and romantic this card looks. Awesome job, my friend. Have a blessed day!

Becky said...

This is just stunning Grace, the flowers and pearls makes this one elegant card

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace~

Oh, this just whispered "LOVE" to me in such a gentle way. It is so elegant, and every piece seems to just flow to the next. The pearls and that soft bow are so lovely! The heart charms just peak out from that bow and join in with the beautiful spray of pearls. The paper is wonderful. And, I can almost smell the flowers! Beautiful!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Irena said...

This card is adorable, lovely papers, wonderful details :)

Debbie said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! Very pretty soft color combo - love the blue and white. Those Zva pearls are to die for - yum! Thanks for sharing your design with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Lynne Phelps said...

What an elegant card - it makes me think of weddings! The stencil used in a letterpress technique is just beautiful!

papertrails leaver said...

a gorgeous card! The beautiful embossing and the pearl floursih make it so elegant and charming!

Karen W said...

Just beautiful, are these stencils going to work in a machine to cut them out or hand cut them?

Rosietoes said...

Lovely stylish and elegant card Grace.
Edna x

Vanessa said...

Grace, I'm a FAN!
ALL your stuff is absolutely stunning!!!!!! :) Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!! "I wanna be just like you when I grow up!" :) Blessings!

Kristine said...

Good morning Grace! I was sure I left a comment on this GORGEOUS card already?? Maybe that was in an email, LOL! Anyway, this is truly stunning! Love the softness of the blues. Very winter-like, or even for a wedding! Was thinking of ya today and wanted to pop over to say Good Morning. Hope you have a blessed day! x

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

(sorry about those! My puter is going slow today and I didn't think it went!) =)

lin_ka1 said...

Simple and eloquent. Beauty of this card is amazing

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow this is so beautiful- so soft and elegant. I love the blues, the pearls and that gorgeous bow. I will have to check out these art stencils too - you make them look so good.
This is my first time to your blog I think and I will be back often. Thank you for sharing your art.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So gorgeous and elegant Grace!! Love what you've done with that stencil!! Wow!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! This is stunning girl. So elegant! Great use of the stencil! Love everything about it.
hugs,
Chris