Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Layers of Color Stenciled gift bag


Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! Today I want to show you a gift bag I made with the Layers of Color Art Stencils "Natural Flourish" and "Vintage Medallion". I also used the LOC Art Stamp set "Touch of Elegance". This was a super fun project that I really love! I started with some light blue designer paper that didn't have much pattern to it and very lightly sponged my vintage medallion stencil. You have to look close to see it in the photo but if you look in the lower left corner you can see it. Next I sponged my Natural Flourish stencil with T Holtz walnut stain using a much heavier touch. Using the general idea from this post by Kerin Sylvester, I made my bag, making a few adjustments. I added a chocolate border at the top that is punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch and folded inside for rigidity. There is a bottom liner as well so this bag is super sturdy! The handles are Papertrey twill. The little medallions are stamped first with T Holtz weathered wood and then turning the stamp slightly, I over-stamped with walnut stain for a shadowed effect. I used the same techniques on my tag, adding a big eyelet and some fibers. I added some bling to the centers of my medallions and done. An easy and fun project for your stencils!!!

I am linking this to the following challenges:
Did It Creations #10 - dimension/3-D
Sew Many Challenges- anything goes
Pile It On: Do something with paper
Digi Doodle Shop Best: Anything Goes.
Meljen's Designs- bookmark or tags
Sentimental Sundays- encouragement and support
Speedy the Cat's Friend- 3+ flowers
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you have a blessed week!

The

30 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace wow you do GORGEOUS work with those stencils...this is such a gorgeous bag...AWESOME colors!!!! Have a great day sweetie!

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love how your bag turned out. I am so loving my stencil. Have a blessed day my friend!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Thudddddd........Grace, I am blown away...literally, this is absolutely breathtaking!!! The colors are so awesome and the stenciling looks fabulous!!! Another masterpiece!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kristine said...

HERE IT IS!!! LOL. I absolutely LOVE this fabulously elegant gift bag you create Grace and have wondering when it will pop up here on your blog! *Ü* It's so beautiful and full of TEXTURE! Love your combination of stencils and stamps... and the tag is so adorable. A very inspirational piece!! Makes me just WISH I could have been there while you were creating it so I could see how it was done. *Ü*

Hugs!!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous I wouldnt want to give it away if I were you just stare at it all day :)

Mickie said...

Oh Grace that is so very pretty! Send me a gift in it so I can treasure the bag. LOL

Francie G. said...

Grace, this is just beautiful! Wow! Love all the swirls and your lovely colors!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! Love the colors and the swirls!! So elegant. Boy are you making gorgeous creations with these stencils.
hugs,
Chris

Lori said...

Pretty colors! Great job with the stencils, they look wonderful!

Jeanette said...

Hello Grace. You have a beautiful blog. And, what could better show dimension than a beautiful bag. It is just gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Grace,i love your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claudine Poch said...

Very pretty bag! Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations and Speedy's Friends.

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love this it is totally beautiful. I love the colours the stencil and the tag.Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

Lauretta See said...

Grace... this is gorgeous!! I love it.. it is soooo elegant :)) Thank you for joining us this week on the MelJens Challenge :) good luck!

Judy said...

What a beautifully done gift bag! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Mark's Finest Papers said...

OH! I love it!!!!

Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic gift bag. Love the gorgeous colour scheme and embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge. Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

KymKreates said...

What a exquisite bag! Good luck and thanks for sharing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow! So pretty! Love that stencil work and the layers and detail! Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Bookmarks and Tags challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautifully done, Grace. Your work is always fabulous.
Thanks for playing in Speedy's Friends Challenge this week!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I love your new look on your blog and of course, I always love the beautiful music. This is such a pretty project and I love that beautiful stamp. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Speedy's Friends blog.

Jennie said...

THUD, this is gorgeous Grace. Love the colors and the inks you used. This is really such a feast for the eyes and love the special touches. You have done amazing with the stencils and would love to try this....

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome bag! Love that tag~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

dawnmercedes said...

this is an elegant project!

tfs.

Dawn
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge

kim.mom said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! TFS at SMC!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

You girls are blowing me away with all of these gorgeous stencil projects!! Love it!

Andrea M said...

Holy cow - this is GORGEOUS!!! Stunning bag - love the stenciling! Thanks for playing along with PIO!

mudmaven said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays. ~chris

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a gorgeous bag and a lovely gift it would make to lift someone's spirits! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays!