Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Layers of Color Stenciled Wall Hanging & Blog Candy Winners!


Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! Today I have what I think is a really cool project to share with you! First I want to announce the winners of my blog candy yesterday... Two randomly chosen commenters will win their choice of one new LOC Art Stencil each! Just email me with your choice of stencil from the Layers of Color Store and your mailing address within 24 hours please!

Drum roll please.... the winners are:
Marilynn
Sabrina
Congratulations ladies!!!
Please email me your choice of LOC Art Stencil and your mailing address within 24 hours and Laura will get them right out to you! (You can use the email address in my side bar link)

Now... on to my project!

I made this wall hanging using the newly released Layers of Color Art Stencil, "Elegant Touch". I started with a heavy piece of cardboard, used my Zutter corner rounder to round the corners, and then I centered my stencil on it. I spread on Dry Wall Spackling with a putty knife to a depth of about 1/8-1/4". I picked up the stencil and this gorgeous pattern was left on the cardboard! I left it to dry and it did take some time. When it was completely dry, I sealed it all with Gesso and let that dry.

Meantime, I sanded a 6" square piece of wood from the local craft store, and painted it with an acrylic brown paint. I then glued the cardboard with the pattern on it onto the wood base and applied weight until dry. Once dry I painted the whole thing with another coat of paint. I used T Holtz Distress Walnut Stain heavily on top so it would settle into the cracks and wiped off the excess. I then took some antique bronze wax metallic cream rub on from the craft store and just rubbed it on with my finger, hitting the high spots until I got enough of the copper for the look I wanted. I bought this white porcelain door knob at Hobby Lobby and my hubby drilled a hole in the center of the piece the correct size for the screw that came with it. I added the door knob and done. I did have him drill a hole in the back of the wood as a recessed hanger.I've shown a couple ideas on how you might use this. I think one painted in pink would look cute in a little girl's room where she could hang her little treasures!


I hope you enjoyed this idea for using these wonderful Art Stencils! They are available NOW... and they are on sale until the 18th for 15% off... so don't wait! For just over $5.oo you can be creating all sorts of fun things! These stencils are washable and reusable! I have used them and used them these past few weeks!!!

Laura has posted a wonderful project using this technique on the Layers of Color Blog, showing how she made a wooden tissue box cover using dry wall paste. Visit her blog for the complete tutorial! Her project is over the top gorgeous! You WILL want to try this!!!

Have a blessed day and continue to visit the LOC DT blogs this week as we will continue to share some more project ideas for these stencils!

11 comments:

Irena said...

Wow this is great :)

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Grace - this is one of my favourites of your proects with the new Art Stencils - I love the effect you have achieved - fabulous! Grace, I am so impressed with the projects you have been creating - you are amazing and so inspiring - thank you my friend! {{{hugs}}
Congratulations to your winners too - cant wait to see what they create! {{{hugs}}}

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace, your project is AWESOME!!! You are sooooo talented in so many areas....What a great idea and it turned out GORGEOUS!!!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh my goodness, Grace!! This is just sooo amazing! Such wonderful work!!

MariLynn said...

Yeah!!! What a great way to start the day. I feel extra blessed today. Your wall hanging is so unique!!

Riet said...

ohhh woowwww so beautiful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lori said...

I don't know what to say...I love this!!! Thank you for the tutorial, I'll have to get to this one for sure!

Sabrina Jackson said...

oh my goodness, Grace, this is out of this world gorgeous!!! You are a genius when it comes to creating unique projects!!! I love the colors you've put together to make look like bronze...stunning!!! I almost passed out when I saw my name as one of the winners.......YEAH, I won, I won :D:D. Thanks so much!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous, Grace! Wow, it turned out so amazing! And I love your idea of making it entirely different with just the paint color, super!

Marvelous my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful blog. I love it.

Anonymous said...

what plat do u know that be subjected to cunning dresses on prom...I end in southern California, and I would like recommendations for the sake great places to finger Prom dresses,please.
See fit don't put the abovious plot like macy's n jcpenny.
I can go anywhere from l.a. to sandiego.
proficiently im starting my search as regards prom dresses,[url=http://www.dressalon.com/prom-dress/ball-gown-prom-dresses.html]Ball Gown Dresses[/url]
,, and its sooo annoying ive been googling millions of prom dresses website and unvarying smarten up website this and that and candidly everythings ugly. what i lust after is a really unrivalled gorgeous important look kindly of equip , not a typical like poofy strapless prom disguise, not at all , so does anyone know any websites or stores with these considerate of dressesss?