Saturday, June 5, 2010

Two sketches for fun! MMSC56 & ODBDSL16






Hello everyone! I have a double post for you today! My first card is for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge#56. I LOVED this sketch! I had so much fun with this and I LOVE this new BG paper! I used the fancy option of the sketch but just didn't use the ribbon slides, so I guess I went half way in the middle. I used the new Our Daily Bread designs Scripture Series 1 for the verse stamped in VersaFine, then I stamped the Fleur de Lis Border set to stamp my border in Mellow Moss. I cut that panel with Nellies Multi Frames and then Spellbinder's Label 3. Base is Mellow Moss, mat is Very Vanilla, then BG Capella dp! O how I love this pack!!! My center strip is Very Vanilla run through the Bug and then sponged with MM, as are all the layers. The Green lace is a RAK from my sweet friend Pat (thanks a million time sweetie!) and the cream lace is K&Co. I added a couple cream buttons, and I popped up all the layers, so this will have to go in a box!

My second card is for today's Our Daily Bread designs Shining the Light Challenge. and we have some extra inspiration this week, as some of the Design Team are being spotlighted as well as our talented Challenge Team!

This week the challenge team is challenging you to a sketch:


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, June 10. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by June 10 at 8 p.m. EST.

If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC16. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
My Card Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD Scripture Series 1 (June Release of Customer Favorites),God Loves You
CS: Bazzill
DP: BasicGrey Bittersweet
Ink: Memento and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Copics, Spellbinders, SU! Ribbon, ZVA Pearls, Sewing Machine
Thank you so much for visiting and I so appreciate your sweet comments! Have a blessed week and please come back tomorrow for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Post when I'll share a really special project with you!

Please be sure to check out the rest of the team's creations and please leave them some love!
America
Fran
Sandee
Lorelie

Chrissy
Chris
Patter
Sabrina

Christine
Natalie
Challenges:
Time to Scrap: Pink (Card 2)
One Stop: Swirls and Pearls
Charisma Cardz: Flowers (Both cards)
Delightful Sketches: Texture (Both cards are Cuttlebugged plus other texture)
Sweet Stampin Challenge: Pink your card... bling it up
Polka Doodles - sewing (card 2)
Oh Alice - your muchness (elegance, texture, Scripture)


27 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Wow, how I love all of that pink!!!!! Your work is always so stunning, and your take on the sketch is no exception. Love it!! Have a blessed day and weekend ahead!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I don't know how you do it girl!! Two very elegant creations in one post! I just love the designer paper you chose for each!! Your layouts and details are exquisite my friend!! Breathtaking!
have a great weekend! Talk to you after my company is gone.
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Not one but two stunning cards. love the colors on both and the details are gorgeous. I am loving the new scripture set.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

STUNNING!!!! Grace these are so beautiful!!! I'm trying to figure out how you did the SB on the MM card though! You are so smart!

America said...

INCREDIBLE designs, beautiful detailing. Exceptinal work my friend. I love these. :)

Kristine said...

WOWIE WOWIE!! Two extremely gorgeous creations Grace!! Love your DP you used... you always seem to find the most elegant and wonderful papers =) But it's all the embellishments and verse too that just makes them... well, perfect! Great job! You talented lady you!! *Ü*

Kerry said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Grace, completely stunning, such beautiful craftsmanship on both cards...love your use of the Capella paper on the first and the rich greens, and the fuschia arching over the sentiment are stunning on the second. What beautiful inspiration!

pam124 said...

My gosh Grace, what a stunning use of the Midnight Madness sketch this week. I always look so forward to your awesome work. The verse and details are just AMAZING as always!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us and for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. I truly hope you can play along with us next week!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace your creations are phenomenal. How elegant and feminine with so many wonderful embellishments. Your attention to detail is exceptional. Both of these are equally exquisite! Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Mickie said...

Ok, I won't sleep until I find that lovely paper. Oh Oh OH those are just stunning Grace.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grac, oh Grace, ow do you do it...paticipate in so many challenges and stay sane? :D:D:D I love and I mean absolutely LOVE both of your cards!!!! Your attenion to detail and those amazing little touches like the lace, Zva flourishes, coloring...you named it...it all just flows in your designs!!! I am officially addicted to your creations my friend!!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Priscilla said...

WOW so much pretty in one place Grace these are amazing. Wonderful card entry. Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Grace,i love your papers and the colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

BA said...

asbolutely stunning cards grace
thanks for joining us at TimbroscrapMania
xoxo BA

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

OOH! I love the green and the laces. You sure have a way of always making your cards over the top elegant. Beautiful flowers! I donæt even know where to start with your pink card! It is just amazingly beautiful!

Thanks for playing with ut at MM. I always love to see what you make.

Mvh
Gunn
MMSC GD

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - you have been one busy lady - and what elegance! Both your cards are gorgeous (no surprises there) I love the greens in your MMSC and the way you have used the sketch! Gorgeous lace and flowers Grace - divine! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Chsllenge this week, I always love to see your cards!! I look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our'Sew and Sew' challenge - lovely to see your work! Cheers Claire x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Exquisite, Grace!!

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, the details are gorgeous :)

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Grace, your cards are both stunning. Absolutely love every single detail! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness this week.
Denise
MMDT

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh is this a BEAUTIFUL! I love the bittersweet DP and the pearls are the perfect touch. What a beautiful card, that will be sure to bless someone!

Giò said...

Really adorable card!!!
Thanks for joining us at Timbroscrapmania challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Jenny said...

A beautiful & elegant card! Great stitching! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Lisa said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Digital Delights!

Fliss said...

Gorgeous work. Thanks so much for joining in with Polka Doodles Sew and Sew challenge.
x