Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Whispered Prayer and a little change!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, dies, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello sweet friends!  I hope you are having a great day!!!

First I want to let you all know that I have changed my blog address.  It is now on my own domain instead of blogger, so my new blog address is:
www.th-ink-ingofyou.com

If you have been an email or RSS subscriber and have stopped getting my emails.... this is the reason I changed to my own domain. Feedburner has been not functioning well for several months, and little by little, I have been losing many readers... we're talking over 900 lost!  So I decided to move my blog to my own domain so I do own my email list, and I will soon be hosting the email list with a different email server than Feedburner.  I hope I will be able to maintain my current list when I make the switch, but just in case... if you subscribe by email either by Blog Lovin or Feedburner... please consider resubscribing if you have not been getting my emails.

I also have a new email address, which is linked in my email me button on my side bar.

One more favor I have to ask is that IF you do have my blog address in your side bar as a link, that you would please change it to the above address.  Google is supposed to redirect all traffic, but I have heard that often it doesn't work, so just in case, correcting the link would fix any possible problems.

Thank you so much to my faithful subscribers!!!  You mean the world to me and are the reason I take the time to post when I do! 

Today I have a card to share that's a little smaller than usual.  It's 4.25 square.  It was quick and easy to create and lays pretty flat for mailing.  I used a white base, then a layer of design paper from the ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection.  I stamped my sentiment from Holy Angels with Brocade Blue ink, and cut it with this month's release, Vintage Labels Die set.  I then die cut the wings with the ODBD Angel Wing's die set from a shimmery white paper from a Martha Stewart pack.  I also cut a white border from the Beautiful Borders die set, and adhered that down the right side of the card. I covered that with sheer blue ribbon, adhered to the back of the blue paper, then adhered it all to the white base.  I added some ZVA pearl swirls under the sentiment panel, adhered the wings, and then the sentiment on dimensionals.  Finally I finished off with the sheer bow.  Super quick and easy, but elegant and I love the sentiment!   This could be used to encouarage anyone going through a tough time.... and we all know plenty of people who are doing just that these days!  So why not pray while you're creating your next card... and let the recipient know you are praying for them!  There's really no greater gift!

I am entering this in this week's Shining the Light Challenge over on the ODBD Blog.... which is "Wing it".  Why don't you play along!

Hugs & Blessings,

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the blue, your added wings, the pearls, and the sheer bow. Stunning design my friend!

hugs,
Chris

PS Thanks for supporting the challenge this week!! I so appreciate it!!

gwen said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Love all the lovely details and pretty shade of blue !

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! Love the blue and the pretty pearls! Several of my readers said they weren't getting e-mails, but I didn't know why. Thanks for the heads-up on that! Hugs!

Irish Cherokee said...

Elegance is a five letter word. G-R-A-C-E. You are one of the few people I know whose cards are consistently elegant. Wonderful Grace.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Grace - I saw it pinned on Pinterest yesterday and was impressed there!! Love the colours and the ribbon is perfect!
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is beautiful! And I agree with Irish!! You make the most amazing cards always! Blue is my favorite color, and I love each element of it, sweet friend! And we so appreciate your supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge too and inspiring our wonderful gals! Hugs, sweet friend!

Cards By Jan said...

This is stunning Grace...I love the colour blue, and this hit that spot dead on...Awesome!!
Hugs