Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Key To My Heart!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello sweet friends!  I hope your week is going well!  I have been super busy this week but much of it has been working on getting my new blog email ready to roll out.  There's still some things I have to work out but hopefully soon, I will have a brand new email program that will be a huge upgrade to what Feedburner was!

Anyway... I do have a card to share with you today.  This card didn't come out the way I saw it in my head but I used a metallic copper base, then die cut a white layer with Spellbinders  Majestic Labels 25 , then I cut a piece of the ODBD new paper release, Rustic BeautyPaper Collection with the ODBD Vintage Label Dies. On that I layered a tag I stamped with the new release, Key to Heaven with Memento Rich Cocoa and cut with the ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tags die.  I tied that on with a coppery sheer  ribbon and topped with a pair of angel wings cut with the gorgeous new Angel Wings dies in white.  From the same Angel Wings die set I cut the tiny copper key that I added to the tag.    I topped the Angel wings with a small heart cut from the metallic copper with the ODBD Ornate Heart Dies.  I added a sheer ribbon bow and then I added two of the smallest corner dies from the ODBD Decorative Corner Die set, and topped them with some tiny white pearls to add a little texture and elegance.

So what do you think?  Is this too fufu for a guy?  (Jim... I know you can tell me!)  My plan when I started this with the copper and the designer paper was to make it more masculine for my hubby later on this summer when we celebrate our 43rd anniversary.... but now I'm wondering if it's a little too fussy?  I'd love to know what you think! 

I am entering this in this week's Shining the Light Challenge - Wing it!  Come play along!!!

Today's Blessing:
"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord.  He delights in every detail of their lives."
Ps. 37:23 (NLT)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Hugs,


9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is absolutely stunning! I LOVE this card and the beautiful dies and especially love this sentiment and how you added the die-cut key!! Wonderful colors too! And how you used the wings with the heart...well, I was thinking about this too! GMTA!! Hugs, precious friend!

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. Grace, so glad you "linked" your card to this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge! It's always so wonderful to have our DT support the challenge, especially with such a beautiful inspiration! Hugs!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

Jamie said...

Hi Ms. Grace-
I like your new blog and emails. As always your card is beautiful!! I do like your Christian inspiration and imput as well.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I feel it is a little too fussy for a guy's card, as beautiful as it is. He thought if you eliminated the ribbon it would be more acceptable.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card - and I know that I would give one like it to my DH and he would love it - I am sure your DH will love it too, ribbon and all, as it reflects you, and it is you he loves Grace.
Blessings
Maxine

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a stunning card!

Irish Cherokee said...

Don't know how I missed this post. Sorry Grace. No the card is not too fufu for a guy. After all it is your husband and you are putting a bit of yourself in it for him. My Jill sometimes does that and it makes it special since it is a bit of her. I can't imagine him not liking it with that sentiment to lock it up. The card is beautiful.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love every detail. I know Al would love this card since it is from the heart. Stunning design!!

Thanks for supporting the challenge sweet friend!! I cherish you!!
hugs,
Chris