Friday, May 30, 2014

Thoughts of You and continued blessings!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Foxglove, ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern die, Ornate Borders and Flowers die, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello again my sweet friends!  I have another sneak peek of the upcoming Our Daily Bread designs June release  to share with you!  This card is made with a new Foxglove Single stamp, and the sentiment is from the Rose Bouquet set.  I love them both!!! 

To create this simple card, I stamped the Foxglove image on white card stock several times, stamping off for a lighter effect, and continuing in the background with still another light stamping.  I then stamped one image with Memento Black and colored it with Copics, and cut it out.  I used a base of Pistachio Pudding, then a layer of pink designer paper from a Heidi Grace pad I have had for a white.  I layered my stamped foxglove images to the pink layer.  I cut a strip of the same design paper and embossed it with a small Darice embossing folder, rubbing my Distress ink pad Bundled Sage over the high areas of the embossing (which is what I had used for the background).  I die cut the mat for the pretty sentiment panel from the ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern Die, and then stamped the sentiment on white and die cut with the ODBD Custom Ornate Borders and Flowers die set.  I used foam dimensionals to adhere both the sentiment panel and the colored Foxglove.  I embellished with these pretty new Recollections pearls in a color I can only describe as irredescent.  There is a soft green, soft pink and an ivory shade that comes out from this gorgeous bling, depending on the colors around them and the light.  I did add a few white gel pen dots to the centers of my Floxglove images and decided to keep the card simple.

I hope you are looking forward to the release as much as I am!  I have been away and had to rush to get a few cards ready to share with you as sneak peeks.... but I sure have had fun playing with the new stamps!

As I was thinking of someone I'd like to send a "Thoughts of You" card to...  that brought to my mind a Scripture of what the Lord's thoughts are toward us!  This always amazes me when I read it...

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Be Blessed by His thoughts of You!!! 
Don't forget to leave me a comment to be included in my next monthly "surprise" and unannounced blog candy!  It's my way of thanking YOU... my regular visitors who mean so much to me, and whose comments bless me so much!


11 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

A fabulous card Grace!The stamping is so nice and the scripture is always my favorite :)
Hugs
Sarah

DebR said...

So beautifully done! Love everything about it.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, such pretty coloring and I love the stamping for the background, neat embossing on the center strip and and the pearls are a great touch!

Debby said...

Absolutely beautiful! hanks for sharing...

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - love the way you have stamped the background with the foxgloves, and then featured it in colour. Beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Dottie said...

hi Grace once again another fabulous card

Patti J said...

This one is a Grace masterpiece, for sure! It should be framed, and hung on the wall....GORGEOUS! Hugs!

ednamburgess said...

Beautiful card. Edna

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the colors!!!

Judy W. said...

Beautiful!! Love the beautifully colored image, the background you created, and the embossed strip!

JD/ Jill said...

This is definitely a "Wow" card! Done in my favorite color combo! If fact anything done with PINK!!! So Lovely!