Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Always Remembered, Forever Loved!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Glory, Carried to Heaven, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!  I hope you're having a great day!

Today I'm sharing a card I made for the color challenge on SCS.  The colors were real red, old olive and daffodil delight.  I came as close as I could with my Copics, coloring this gorgeous morning glory image from the ODBD set, Glory. I added some white opaque gel pen dots to my flowers. I used Carried to Heaven for my sentiment, and punched out some yellow butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch.  The lattice frame is from Spellbinders.  I rounded my corners with a SU! punch.  Each layer is popped up on foam dimensionals, and there are no embellishments so it's pretty flat and mailable!!!  I am so happy to be finally getting comfortable in my own skin, so to speak, doing things more clean and simple!  While I will always love my layers.... I don't really like one layer cards much.... yet I have come a long way in not having to embellish everything to the hilt!  LOL~ One layer cards make me feel like anyone can go to the Dollar Store and get one of them for next to nothing, and I don't want to feel like I'm cheating the recipient of the added care a special hand made card requires.  That said... I am finding a sweet spot somewhere between overly CAS and over done and expensive to mail. 

That brings to mind a verse that I often think of when I'm creating.... Col. 3:23

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Well, that's a quick post for today.... I hope you like it and perhaps are inspired in some small way to step outside of your comfort zone, and whatever you do, to do it for the Lord!

I am entering this in this week's Word Art Wednesday ~ always anything goes with their free digi or any encouraging sentiment or Scripture, and this week's Shining the Light Challenge ~ a word challenge: FLOWER - use 4 of the letters in the word flower as the first letters of things on your card:
F-Flowers
L- Lattice
O- Opaque Marker
W- White Space
E- Embossed Spellbinders Die
R- Red

Thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is stunning! I love the layout and how it looks like a trellis with beautiful flowers and comforting verse! How wonderful for this week's challenge with ALL letters of "flower" in it! So honored to have you join us this week, sweet friend!! Hugs!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! It's so beautiful in it's relative simplicity! Wonderful coloring! Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so lovely!

Queen Mary said...

Lovely Grace! Thank you for sharing with us.

SarahGeorge said...

Wow Grace!! Simply stunning design! Loved all the colouring and your idea of keeping it in between :)

Irish Cherokee said...

I am sitting back and just taking in your handy work Grace. As much as I love your other cards I have to say that anyone who feels cheated getting a card like this has no appreciation of art. Your coloring is never in question. You have a wonderful sense of what is too much and not enough. You card in a word is Spectacular.

Blessings

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is amazing - I love the elegant and clean look you have going here, but it is still vibrant!!
Blessings
Maxine

Traci M said...

What a gorgeous card...love your white space with those beautiful florals and pop of butterflies!! I am glad you're becoming more comfortable with your own signature CAS look!!