Monday, May 12, 2014

Press On!


Hello friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I got to spend time with my kids so that was fun.  I have however not been feeling great since so am laying a bit low.  I am popping in to share a water color I did for an challenge on SCS but have not had the chance to share with you here on my blog yet.

This card uses a Stampin Up set, Simply Sketched, as well as a Sweet 'N Sassy sentiment.  I love them both!  For the image, I stamped with Archival ink and used Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze and So Saffron to color the image (this was a color challenge).  I matted with Sahara Sand and So Saffron.  I added score lines to the white panel to create the "illusion" of layers.  It's clean and simple, but I kind of like how it came out.  Hope you do too!

Have a wonderful week!!!

Today's Blessing:
Proverbs 16:9
We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

10 comments:

Kaye said...

Feel better! Have this stamp set and love it. Beautiful card.

Sabrina said...

I most definitely do! I absolutely love it!!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is so beautiful Grace - love the colours and the whole card is just gorgeous - you have conquered CAS beautifully here.
Blessings and prayers
Maxine

Irish Cherokee said...

Oh my! This one got clicked on and enlarged. I like a lot of the water colors right now but this is a piece of art. All of the colors have a purpose and every stroke a place. CAS yes but it deserves a BRAVO.

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Grace! Thanks for sharing! Sure hope you feel better very quickly. Hugs, and positive thoughts coming your way, dear friend!

JD/ Jill said...

This is lovely! Hope you are feeling better!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I love this card, and yor watercoloring is beautiful...every stroke! Praying you feel better sweet friend! I know it sure takes lots of energy from you! Tender hugs, sweet friend!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace-
Your watercolor card is so tranquil and just lovely! You have such a diverse talent, whatever medium you use the project always is breathtaking!

I am praying that He heal you quickly, and give you an abundance of energy with no residual ailment . Please do your part and rest. He loves you so much. (So do I, my friend. )

His,
Traci Starkweather

SarahGeorge said...

Beautiful water coloring Grace. The stamped wording is great and hope to see you better soon.

Traci M said...

Hi Grace! This is lovely...so serene with a rich depth of color. I have RA and have had a more difficult time lately with fatigue and pain. Though I know it could also be worse...you have to learn to pace yourself. I hope you are feeling much better now. Hugs!!