Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Sneaky Peek giving Glory to God!


Hello friends!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!  We have outdoor work planned and are just waiting for things to dry up a bit, and then to work we go!  However, when I looked at the Inspiration Challenge on SCS today, I decided to make a quick card for it.

While I just loved the shabby cottage feel of the Bella Cottage site, I was wondering how I could manage to give you a sneak peek of one of many gorgeous sets coming your way at ODBD on Oct 1... and then I stumbled on this chalkboard print and I knew what I wanted to try. I thought... I wonder if I could stamp this image, called Glory to God, on gold. I tried it with Stazon and it was very light. Then I tried Versafine and tried to dry it with my heat gun, but that didn't show up either. Then I put black embossing powder on it and voila... I had the look I wanted. Since most of the things on the beautiful Bella site have soft tones of pink and ivory, I looked for more inspiration and found it HERE. These one of a kind poinsettia vintage plates were perfect! I went through my Christmas paper and found these vintage papers from Paper Studio. The flourish and leaves are cut from brushed gold with the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies and the vanilla flowers are Prima.

Thanks so much for looking!  You are going to love this new release!  It's so varied with both fall and Christmas themes... and I can't wait to show you more!

Have a blessed weekend!!!

hugs,


8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Patti J said...

OMG, I am SO going to try this with my ODBD Amazing Grace! This is beautiful, and you, my friend, are certainly amazing GRACE!!! Thanks for always inspiring me to think outside the box. LOVE coming to visit you, my sweet friend! Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is stunning - love it!!
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

This is so gorgeous. Love the chalkboard effect and pretty papers, in fact, I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to get that stamp.

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so beautiful. Fabulous details.

Sillyfilly said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the gold and your use of the musical notes!! Great layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Have a great weekend!! I got the goodies in the mail!! I will wait to open it til Monday though. THANKS!!

Conniecrafter said...

Stunning, it has such a great vintage feel to it!!