Friday, September 6, 2013

Window Dressing for Christmas, and a mini tutorial!

Hello friends!
  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!!! 

I have a fun project to share with you today.  I used the ODBD Cathedral Window Die to create my window, added some vellum behind it that I touched up with some Stickles, and then I added some copper bells using this month's release, Jingle Bells to stamp the bells image on embossable copper. I cut out the stamped bells so I could emboss them.   Here is what it looked like at that point.

Next, I took my embossing pad and a stylus and began to create some dimension to the bells.  I used a tiny stylus for the horizontal bands, and a wider tip for the main body of the bells. 

So this is working the design from the back side. Next  I stamped another set of bells on card stock and colored up the holly leaves and then using Tombo Metal Glue I adhered my copper bells to the card stock bells and adhered them to my window.

The sentiment is embossed with copper embossing powder and cut with a Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags 1.  The background is dry embossed with a Craftwell Regency A4 folder, and matted with brushed copper dp.  The card is 5 x 7.



Thanks so much for stopping by!!!


5 comments:

marion said...

This is fabulous, love it, hugs, Marion

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! Wonderful design! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

Patti J said...

Oh my! I just decorated this morning for fall, now you have me ready to decorate for Christmas!!! This is so pretty, Grace - and thanks for sharing your little magic trick with us! Hugs, and Happy Weekend!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, beautiful, Grace!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely beautiful Grace - and thanks for the wee tutorial.
Blessings
Maxine