Thursday, September 19, 2013

Granny Smiths mean GREAT pie!

  

Hello friends!

I've been on the most wonderful vacation!  Our entire family rented a cottage on the Outer Banks and spent the whole week there!  The weather was GREAT and we all had a wonderful time!  I always hate to say I'm away from home on line before the fact, because you just never know who is looking... if you know what I mean.  However, now we are back and I'm over-flowing with gratefulness to God for allowing us to have such a great time!

Anyhow... for now... I want to share a card I made for a sketch challenge on SCS.  This uses this month's ODBD release, Apples, as well as the mini image that matches it from the Garden Minis set.  I made my background layer with the mini and just lightly colored the small images to match my larger one.  I left off a sentiment to allow a more personal sentiment on the inside when I send it.  The card is A2.  The base is Kraft, the designer papers are We R Memory Keepers Anthology and Memory Box Twiggy.  The foliage die cut is Spellbinders.  One little button and twine are the only embellishments, but give it an earthy feel.  Now I really want to go make an apple pie!!!

I love fall because of the beautiful colors... the brisk temperatures, and the yummy fruit and veggies of the season!  Apples are definitely near the top of that list!  Hopefully soon we will take a trip to the mountains and find some locally grown apples! 

This week's Shining the Light Challenge is to use Fall Colors. I am also entering this in:
 

Blessings,

21 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Lovely card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Buttons and Bows Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
DC-DT

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and image. Just love those colors. Thank you for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, this is beautiful! I love the green apples, and what a great take on this week's SCS sketch challenge! I especially like the leaves with the button and twine...and great DP. It's all beautiful...you are amazing! Hugs, Cheryl

Judith said...

wow fabulous project thank you for joining the 4 Krafty Girlz Challenger - good luck x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace, this is so lovely - I feel as though I could almost reach into the screen and pick an apple.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Just gorgeous! your card and your post:) How sweet it is to spend time with the loved ones! Have a great weekend Grace.
Hugs
Sarah

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful! Has me wishing for apple pie! smile. Great job with SCS sketch too!

Leah said...

So lovely! Wonderful coloring and details. Thanks for joining us at IBS!

Tina said...

This is such a pretty card with gorgeous coloring. Great take on the fall theme. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at IBS.

Jackie said...

Simply lovely card! I think the tones are so nice! Thank you for joining us at the Digital Delights Challenge this week! We hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Digital Delights Challenge DT

Conniecrafter said...

I so agree, I love granny smiths for pies. So glad to hear you had a relaxing time away.
Your apples look so yummy and I love how you did the mini background!

Melissa Craig said...

Ohh, so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Delightful Challenges.

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Beautiful coloring of your image! I love your layout too! Thank you so much for joining us at IBS! Hugs, Joanna

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! Your coloring of the granny smith apples looks good enough to eat!! Gorgeous take on the sketch and awesome details my friend!! Thanks for supporting the challenge my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Linda Carson said...

My mouth is watering just thinking of apple pie! I adore this card w/your mini background and divine coloring! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - fabulous colouring and I love the LO.
Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week.
Good luck xx

Tina Chianna said...

so loving your creation, the texture and yummy colour x Thank you so much for entering the 4 Krafty Girlz challenge with your creation and good luck. Tina-Maree DT xx feel free to enter the following challenges :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149926178545903/ Glamoureyes

http://mybestiesuk.blogspot.co.uk/

http://creatachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Great layout thanks for joining us at 4 krafty girlz challenge blog. ... Anita DT

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh man! Grace this is so gorgeous!!! I absolutely love the green apples and how genius to create the background with the smaller basket of apples!!! Love it!

Pattie J. said...

OH! love your apples on of my favorite fruits. beautifully done.