Thursday, September 5, 2013

I played my best for Him!


Hello friends!

Today I have a different style card than my usual... but I have to admit that I had fun coloring this poor little Drummer Boy!  I stamped my image from this month's ODBD release, Little Drummer Boy with Memento and colored him with Copics.  I cut him out with a Spellbinder's Long Rectangles Large die, and matted with the Scalloped Long Rectangles.  I sponged around the edges to shabby it up a bit, to match his shabby little outfit. I stamped three of the sentiments out on different designer paper scraps and then punched them out with a square punch.  I sewed around each one and lined them up on a scrap of blue dp.  I created  a background  with the O Little Town of Bethlehem Background stamp, also released this month.  I stamped that on some designer paper I had in my stash, giving some interest and color, and even though most of it is covered, it  still reveals the title to set the stage for where this little drummer boy is.  :)

I adhered the sentiments on the right and popped up my image on dimensionals so it could rest over top of my twine trim. 

Here are the ODBD sets used:

I am entering this in the following challenges:



I hope you are having a great week!  Don't forget... it's time to get those Christmas cards started!

Blessings,


8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is a stunner - love the shabby look you have achieved to mirror the drummer boy image.
Blessings
Maxine

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Love the sweet image and the shabby style! Wonderful design!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love how you colored your image,Awesome design!!!

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely colouring and thanks for the steps on how you made this card Grace.It was really helpful. And the stitching is so nicely done and it adds to the simple beauty of the card.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello Grace!
What a darling new ODBD image. You did an amazing job with it, and I am so grateful to have you share your art in our challenge. Hope you're doing well and having a blessed week.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Conniecrafter said...

Way too cute, Awesome coloring, such great design, and combo of the sets!

Anne Fenton said...

This is adorable, great coloring. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Unknown said...

He is just so adorable... I think You just inspired me to buy him and try him out myself this Christmas for a very special someone!
Perfect coloring, great layout, Grace...
Have an amazing day! :)