Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Very Merry Vintage Christmas!

ODBD Stamps, Jingle Bells, ODBD Custom Fancy Ornament Dies, Grace Nywening designer
Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well! 

Today I'm sharing a Christmas card made on the vintage side! :)  I think these papers and colors give it a  vintage feel.

I used a sentiment from the Jingle Bells set, and paired that with two of these GORGEOUS ODBD Custom Fancy Ornament Dies!  I used designer paper from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas pack, some brushed gold and True Thyme card stock for my papers.  I also used a Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Border and Fancy Framed Tags 2.  The embossing on the gold layer is done with a Craftwell Regency A4  embossing folder.  I embellished with a sheer burgandy ribbon and some gold cording for hanging my ornaments.

To show another take on the same ornaments and stamp set.... here is another sample...

ODBD Stamps, Jingle Bells, ODBD Custom Fancy Ornament Dies, Grace Nywening designer
For this one, I used Blue Bayou for a base and layered on designer paper from BasicGrey called North Country.  I used silver glitter paper to cut my ornaments, embossed my sentiment with glittery silver embossing powder, and cut with a Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tag.  I cut my ornament hangers from silver mirrored paper, and added silver cord to hang the ornaments with.  I punched the top panel with a Martha Stewart punch and added a little silver ribbon at the bottom.  Same elements... different look. I don't know if this card looks vintage in the photo, but in real life, it kind of does!  I LOVE these ornaments and I think many of my Christmas cards this year will be made with them! 

Here are the ODBD products I used:

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!  Also... I sometimes have questions left in the comments and I love to try to help you whenever I can.... so please be sure to either check back to the post you left the comment on to see if I put the answer there, or include an email address so I can get back to you!  You can also email me directly from the link in my side bar that says "email me".  I will then be able to answer your question and know you got to see the answer!  Often when I try to go to your profile, you have no contact information, so I have no way to answer your question except if you either give me a contact address, email me, or check back on the post and/or comments to see if I have answered you there.  I really do my best to address every question to the best of my ability!

Blessings to you!

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace these are stunning - love the cards and the fabulous way you have displayed the die cuts.
Blessings
Maxine

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Grace! I love the vintage style and the beautiful ornaments! Hugs!

Sherry Phipps said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

JoAnn said...

These are gorgeous. Love those ornament dies. You have really showcaced them beautifully.

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so pretty! These dies are on my wish list!